+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T RIP ChesterBenningtom

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Another too young.
    Meteora is one of my favourite albums

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40676530
    I don't get the "Another too young"? By all accounts he shuffled off this mortal coil of his own accord? A very sad situation for anyone to be in no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    Sympathy is not clinically defined as an illness. I think you know you're being unjustifiably heartless and you're just trying to deflect attention.
    Post deleted
    Last edited by cher1; 24-07-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpie View Post
    I know you're not that much of an idiot, I meant that pee do filia is an illness not sympathy, do you have sympathy for them or are you choosy, does your sympathy just extend to your fav rock icons?

I need to deflect nothing, there are far more deserving of my sympathy than this weakling.
    I had no idea what "pee dos" meant! That's what happens when you make up spellings

Suggest you also check the difference between sympathy and empathy. The terms sound similar but are not interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Can't help but think that early to bed, early to rise, six months of hard manual labour, routine, a good diet and no drugs, beer or fags would have helped both of them more than medicine and therapy.
    You might not be far wrong with that assessment, optipez.

I had no idea what "pee dos" meant! That's what happens when you make up spellings

Suggest you also check the difference between sympathy and empathy. The terms sound similar but are not interchangeable.
    It gets censored out so I improvised as most do

I'm fully aware of the difference between the two words, anyone can have empathy, if I see a bloke swimming across a river and being eaten by a Crocodile, I can possibly understand how he feels but he probably won't get any sympathy from me fro swimming in a river full of Crocodiles.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    You might not be far wrong with that assessment, optipez.
    Would you also tell a paraplegic they need to do more squats?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpie View Post
    It gets censored out so I improvised as most do

I'm fully aware of the difference between the two words, anyone can have empathy, if I see a bloke swimming across a river and being eaten by a Crocodile, I can possibly understand how he feels but he probably won't get any sympathy from me fro swimming in a river full of Crocodiles.
    We were talking about empathy for Chester Bennington, what does sympathy for pedophiles have to do with the price of bread?

We were talking about empathy for Chester Bennington, what does sympathy for pedophiles have to do with the price of bread?
    You suggested I was insensitive perhaps even with my own mental health issues for having no compassion for the results of an illness, pee do filia is an ilness, do you have sympathy for them or just rock stars?

Paraplegics have more guts than that guy did.

No, for obvious reasons.

It's well documented that the right type of mental stimulation and a high level of physical activity on a regular basis both release endorphins which can reduce the likelihood of depression. In contrast, it is also known that long spells of inactivity, such as long-term unemployment for example, can greatly increase a person's susceptibility to depression.

I think the point optipez was making is that the so-called "rock and roll" lifestyle isn't the healthiest in many ways and could increase the chances of depression for those susceptible to it, compared with other lifestyles based around more solid routines and healthier living.
    Last edited by jackal2; 21-07-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast