+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking at Rafa's words

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I thought that was what it was Kal.

it's a great pity he hasn't honoured his obligations each season as by now he would have a club in an established position and a very saleable commodity as well as this his £20 million investment would have shown him great returns instead of two relegations an five fights against relegation.

Not much foresight for a successful businessman.
    he certainly hasnt taken any out

and i would think with covering the loans etc he has put close to that in if not more

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    hmmm to the doubters, those who think rafa is whingeing"

quite simply, starkly said - anyone who thinks ashley told rafa the truth wants their heads examining.
    so how has he lied

how much does the club generate

how much is wages from non playing staff .rent on the ground ,upkeep of the training ground ,wages for coaches,wages for development squad,.
    and so on

the truth is the club owes ash millions

he was honest he said all money generated

rafa got rid of carr and had no back up plan or no clubs for the players he wants gone

seems to me rafa might be a decent manager but running all things footy is completly different ie running the club

he has been used to clubs willing to trade in the red ,he hasnt had to worry about wages ,fees etc etc

he aint a modern day manager
    he plays negative footy in a time when everyone else is playing attacking footy

he is geting his moans in before it falls around him and his players

i think we will win today
    but it will be interesting to see how he adapts to prem fotty and the huddersfield manager does in tactics etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    he certainly hasnt taken any out

and i would think with covering the loans etc he has put close to that in if not more
    You are talking about £220million over the time he has been here. Add on to that the benefit of the free advertising Sports Direct Tat gets here and exposure on TV. The interest on the loans would be peanuts out of that. Any businessman would tell you that.

Because if he did then he wouldn't like to listen to it. He doesn't take to criticism very well. Just hides from the truth and would rather be in denial of the true facts.
    i thought he came out well in the interview
    how many other owners would go on sky and admit mistakes and tell the truth

we cant compete with people willing to put their club in the red and spend hundreds of millios just on a defence all in the chase for a trophy

rafa is choosing the players

its his team

might not be the team he wants ,but no manager is ever happy with what he has

you just dont see them whinge like rafa does

he does it to keep the fans on his side

if it was a owner the fans had some kind of a relationship he wouldnt moan as he would think he would loose the fans

he is a mug if he came here and thought ash was going to let go of the purse strings

he was never told you can have all the money the clube generates and more from me

start getting the dead wood out

300-400 k of wages would be a start

but he got rid of carr

he hasnta clue or have any network that competes with carr

he is relying on a few spanish friends to tell him of a few average players that might be available

so how has he lied

how much does the club generate

how much is wages from non playing staff .rent on the ground ,upkeep of the training ground ,wages for coaches,wages for development squad,.
    and so on

the truth is the club owes ash millions

he was honest he said all money generated

rafa got rid of carr and had no back up plan or no clubs for the players he wants gone

seems to me rafa might be a decent manager but running all things footy is completly different ie running the club

he has been used to clubs willing to trade in the red ,he hasnt had to worry about wages ,fees etc etc

he aint a modern day manager
    he plays negative footy in a time when everyone else is playing attacking footy

he is geting his moans in before it falls around him and his players

i think we will win today
    but it will be interesting to see how he adapts to prem fotty and the huddersfield manager does in tactics etc etc
    You state in this post that Rafa got rid of Carr. But in a previous post you say that if Ashley hadn't been in such a hurry to get rid of Carr........

Do you really know what you mean or are we to guess as usual.

Myleene Klass's norks.

so how has he lied
    "I had a meeting with Mike and his advisers (in May) and the meeting was very clear. So what happened after wasn't exactly what I was expecting.

"So it's not a question of, 'he was telling me this and that', it was very clear.

Rafa is certainly intimating that the Club haven't followed through on what they discussed in May. None of us were there, Rafa was.

I choose to believe Rafa.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    "I had a meeting with Mike and his advisers (in May) and the meeting was very clear. So what happened after wasn't exactly what I was expecting.

"So it's not a question of, 'he was telling me this and that', it was very clear.

Rafa is certainly intimating that the Club haven't followed through on what they discussed in May. None of us were there, Rafa was.

Choosing to believe Rafa is correct. I wouldn't doubt what Rafa would say.
    The issue is in what Rafa is actually referring to as in what he wasn't expecting.

I'll make a suggestion that may be on the mark or close to the mark or totally way off the mark.

What if Ashley told Rafa that there's money available for players and he can use it all for players and wages, plus money generated from sales.
    Maybe...just maybe, Rafa has taken that to mean that the club will sanction high transfers and wages to match and maybe there's not enough money to cover it unless he offloads of which he might not have envisaged having to offload to scoop enough funds to add to the kitty for a lump sum payment from a top end player.

Maybe he's got the wrong end of the stick.

Either that or Ashley's told Rafa that he can buy who he wants and the money will be there, no matter what,

Obviously all guesswork but we really need to know exactly what's what before we put anyone on a pedestal or crucify the already crucified.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

what he was expecting and what he was told are two different things

maybe he was expecting the players he wants ot to be gone by now and the money invested
    maybe he was told carr had clubs for them
    then maybe carr was saked or left or whatever and those deals havent materialised and the players havent gone

he hasnt said ash broke any promises or indeed made any promises

he has just said things haven worked out as the thought

but maybe then ash didnt think rafa would give charnley an ultimatum over carr

seems to me we have to camps trying to control one club

You state in this post that Rafa got rid of Carr. But in a previous post you say that if Ashley hadn't been in such a hurry to get rid of Carr........

Do you really know what you mean or are we to guess as usual.
    i dont think so i say in all my posts if rafa hadnt been in a rush as i am 100 certain the 4 that rafa wants gone were all about to go
    and indeed we had 3 players lined up to come in

rafa gave charnley an ultimatum and wanted full control

ash didnt want carr to go

it was rafas choice

he has full controll

it is his players

he needs to get on with the job
    hopefully with a win today

but i see he is already getting his ducks in a line by saying the huddersfield manager has it easy

typical whinging spaniard

I certainly agree that not being able to get rid of players has muddied the waters.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)