+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael o地eil

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    What's Michael O'Neil done apart from doing well with a tin pot international team? Think Coleman did better but he did not set the world alight at club level.

The difference is - my tune changed against Huddersfield when he had to go. As Williams said - the business is results orientated and you could not argue with a top 10 finish last year and to give any manager a decent run this year before the chop! Be careful what you wish for though as my posts have still contained questions - would any other manager to any better with our players! Perhaps they might and goals from Rondon might start raining in.............. You never know!

Lets just hope the new manager gets a chance before the first thread is posted calling for his head! Just saying...........
    Well if we appoint Fat Sam I will compose my post now, useless bung taking tosser...but surely we have more about us than that.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Well if we appoint Fat Sam I will compose my post now, useless bung taking tosser...but surely we have more about us than that.
    Don't like the man! In the States in the Summer on holiday, Big Sam was there in our pool with his rough clan from Bolton. Not nice people and can't believe he was allowed back in the game after the bungs - had this been Joe Public they would have been locked up! So no - don't want him anywhere now the club the arrogant arsehole!

He's got passion and does not take crap! Pearson did a lot of the foundations for Leicester winning the league. Would rather have him than Shakespearce, Derek M, or Megson!
    I think a Pearson/Shakespeare partnership is something akin to Clough and Taylor...proven at Hull then Leicester to a greater effect...fully agree about the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Not sure how you can call him an idiot he is clearly a good manager as he identified how to get results against teams that were ranked much higher than Northern Ireland. To many of our fans think we should be we should be playing champagne football and be in the top 10, they need to get a reality check in our current position winning games is all that counts from now until the end of the season.
    I don't recall saying in my post anything about champagne football. Having a couple of shots per game, conceeding 60% possession etc and putting 9 defensive players out against teams such as Huddersfield is why we have dropped several thousand season ticket holders since TP came. I don't think its being unrealistic to hope for something more adventurous? I supported TP up until the Huddersfield match but after that could not see where the points were coming from.

O'Neil is not the answer. Dull dreary football thats defensive and reliant on set-pieces. I thought we wanted to get away from all that? We should have kept TP if we go for O'Neil as TP is a superior manager and O'Neil as never set foot in the Premier League and hopefully won't.

I know many on here will not agree with you 39 but I have to say that I do.

If we have sacked TP to get Michael O’Neill or Allerdyce for that matter, what is the point? TP for all his faults is a far better Manager than both of them in my opinion and I would rather have stuck with him if that is all we get as a replacement.

Hopefully though we will get someone better but what really worries me about the club these days is the recruitment side and I wouldn’t trust them to come up with a great result but I can but live in hope.

What's Michael O'Neil done apart from doing well with a tin pot international team? Think Coleman did better but he did not set the world alight at club level.

The difference is - my tune changed against Huddersfield when he had to go. As Williams said - the business is results orientated and you could not argue with a top 10 finish last year and to give any manager a decent run this year before the chop! Be careful what you wish for though as my posts have still contained questions - would any other manager to any better with our players! Perhaps they might and goals from Rondon might start raining in.............. You never know!

Lets just hope the new manager gets a chance before the first thread is posted calling for his head! Just saying...........
    I think you'll find I did argue about the top ten finish. It wasn't rocket science seeing what was happening at the end of last season. Just like the downward slide under Clarke.
    Please, please don't say be careful what you wish for you just sound like the lazy media voices.

Important read and digest the below

Whoever they appoint they will get my full support. If it goes wrong then they have appointed the wrong man. That DOESN'T mean to say they have gotten rid of the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    I think you'll find I did argue about the top ten finish. It wasn't rocket science seeing what was happening at the end of last season. Just like the downward slide under Clarke.
    Please, please don't say be careful what you wish for you just sound like the lazy media voices.

Important read and digest the below

Whoever they appoint they will get my full support. If it goes wrong then they have appointed the wrong man. That DOESN'T mean to say they have gotten rid of the right one.

Don't disagree with any of that! Whoever we get will be a gamble but would not be disappointed with Pardew at least he's got premiership experience and will try to attack.

Don't disagree with any of that! Whoever we get will be a gamble but would not be disappointed with Pardew at least he's got premiership experience and will try to attack.
    No ta, always thought he's got the look of a Viler about him.

Next........ .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    No ta, always thought he's got the look of a Viler about him.

Next........ .

Your right on that one! For sure though it will be jobs for the boys with Williams and Hammond on the panel! Just hope it's not Fat Sam! What about Oscar Garcia who is being linked - some of our fans think we should play like Barcelona and feck me - he used to play for Barcelona!! That's spooky................

Rondon could become the next Suarez and Livermore the next Iniesta

The problem is that there is very little out there at present who we can either afford or who is prepared to come. The majority of names being linked to us don't fill me with enthusiasm. Perhaps Koeman or Wilder but not much else. Pulis had to go but I feel we are in a very worrying situation. I just hope that we can 'pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat'.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)