+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Best 5 3 2

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Agree with the 5 & 3, but the 'Best 2' is Pedro for me. Bill Brindley was an admirable lower league right back, but Pedro was sheer class.
    From what I remember Pedro Richards played mostly Center Half for Notts so can't possibly compared to Bill Brindley.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    From what I remember Pedro Richards played mostly Center Half for Notts so can't possibly compared to Bill Brindley.
    Started at right back, moved to central defence later. Had the class to play both positions to a high level.

Started at right back, moved to central defence later. Had the class to play both positions to a high level.
    I know he started at right back. He became a Notts legend playing as a central defender though . So again I say he can't compared to Brindley. I loved Bob Worthington by the way. Being left footed myself he was my hero in my early days .Rayo took that that to another level a little later.
    Last edited by navypie; 22-02-2018 at 08:06 PM.

I know he started at right back. He became a Notts legend playing as a central defender though . So again I say he can't compared to Brindley. I loved Bob Worthington by the way. Being left footed myself he was my hero but Rayo took that that to another level.
    He played right back for a long time with Benjy in central defence. The question was turned into Notts best number 2, and the best I've seen was Pedro Richards. So all I'm saying is that he was a better right back than Bill Brindley.

He played right back for a long time with Benjy in central defence. The question was turned into Notts best number 2, and the best I've seen was Pedro Richards. So all I'm saying is that he was a better right back than Bill Brindley.
    Bill was the best right back I ever seen . Pedro wasn't but he's certainly up there with one of the best center halfs.

Bill was the best right back I ever seen . Pedro wasn't but he's certainly up there with one of the best center halfs.
    Unbelievable! Bill Brindley was a good, solid Division 3 & 4 right back. I loved him as a player, but Pedro was a class above whether at right back or sweeper. Pedro played well over 100 games for us in the top division, could you honestly see Bill Brindley doing that?

Unbelievable! Bill Brindley was a good, solid Division 3 & 4 right back. I loved him as a player, but Pedro was a class above whether at right back or sweeper. Pedro played well over 100 games for us in the top division, could you honestly see Bill Brindley doing that?
    Unbelievable ! Yeah, Pedro was a better player . Bill was still a better right back . As for being the best right back I ever seen ,maybe I was seeing it through the eyes of a 12 year old .

I never meant any offence Elite . What I mean is I don't think you was wrong .Honest mate , no disrespect innit . I hate those people who argue with. I love being childish

Unbelievable ! Yeah, Pedro was a better player . Bill was still a better right back . As for being the best right back I ever seen ,maybe I was seeing it through the eyes of a 12 year old .
    I think I've worked it out - today must be 'Say what's opposite to the truth day'. I didn't realise, which is why I've been arguing that Pedro was a better full back than Billy, and that Shola is a better attacking option than Forte. Now I know, I'll join in - Jamie Fullarton was a much better manager than Steve Cotterill.

I think I've worked it out - today must be 'Say what's opposite to the truth day'. I didn't realise, which is why I've been arguing that Pedro was a better full back than Billy, and that Shola is a better attacking option than Forte. Now I know, I'll join in - Jamie Fullarton was a much better manager than Steve Cotterill.
    You could argue that Fullarton was never given a chance.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast