+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hammill could quit Oakwell

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Hammill: “We don’t need to focus on anything other than our match. If we do our job, if we win, nothing else is relevant.”

Hammill: “I haven’t decided anything on my future, my sole focus is this club and Sunday and keeping the Reds in this division.”

Hammill: “Sunday would be my 100th game since returning to the club, I’m a loyal person and I owe the club and the fans so much. This next match is the biggest of my career.

”Hammill: “You saw it last weekend, we left everything on the pitch. We’ve a great squad of lads here and we can get the job done. One last push, let’s go and get those points on Sunday!”

Good lad
    & I don't think it's just words

Careful with this loyalty narrative Adam and take the emotion out of this .

Patrick Cryne is no longer sadly here , we have new owners who only see you as a cost and very little else .

Your playing for a new coach who will have his own ideas !!! , sure he may want to keep you but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll play you every week , which coach wouldn't want an option just in case ?

The club brought you back from the wilderness and gave you a chance , you paid that off at Wembley , twice .

You don't owe me anything Adam .

An opportunity to move to a fantastic country with warm weather and an excellent lifestyle getting paid to do something you love at the back end of your career

These opportunities don't come around every day , in fact this maybe your one and only chance .

I sincerely hope you don't regret it if you decide or are offered to stay here .

I know what I'd be doing .

The lad's got a difficult choice to make
    Not everything about going to Australia is rosy
    Bit different than moving from Liverpool to Barnsley & carries with it some not insubstantial emotional baggage up rooting your family to the other side of the world bit like moving from Darton to Ardsley
    I don't envy him his choice but wish him well whatever he decides
    We owe him big time {& by we I mean BFC]

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    The lad's got a difficult choice to make
    Not everything about going to Australia is rosy
    Bit different than moving from Liverpool to Barnsley & carries with it some not insubstantial emotional baggage up rooting your family to the other side of the world bit like moving from Darton to Ardsley
    I don't envy him his choice but wish him well whatever he decides
    We owe him big time {& by we I mean BFC]
    I most definitely do envy his choice exile but as you say everyone sees it differently .

Black Widows, jumping spiders in cars, checking slippers on a morning, checking under toilet seat, shaking clothes off every morning. Wooden houses nooks and crannies everywhere for all little nasties. Snakes, salt water crocs, fresh water crocs, every species of man eating shark tha think off. Oh aye reight place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Black Widows, jumping spiders in cars, checking slippers on a morning, checking under toilet seat, shaking clothes off every morning. Wooden houses nooks and crannies everywhere for all little nasties. Snakes, salt water crocs, fresh water crocs, every species of man eating shark tha think off. Oh aye reight place.
    That's Ardsley but worrabart Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Hammill might not wanna stop.
    Whether he goes or not Ponty, Hammill has been the total pro during his time here and he goes with my thanks and appreciation.
    The skill might not the there anymore especially in this league, but I think the effort always has been and more than most of our players actually.

I live in perth. Hes coming out to visit my cousin. Dont know whether hes killing to birds with one stone here but hamills to good for the a-league

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123