+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your gut feeling?

It depends if Rafa is willing to take on this project which has turned to a business model

Rafa has been told he will get every penny the club generates. This basically means he will have to run the club like a business.

I am assuming Rafa as a manager has been or will be shown the books broken down in two columns; expenses and incomes and that's what he has to on his table to deal with.

If Rafa wants a project; then that's the only project he will be given; make your own money and spend it how you like.
    He will have to look into the clubs operating expenses which includes wage bills, player purchases, day to day running etc vs the clubs income; gate takings, merchandise, to rights, players sales etc.

He will need to make a profit or break even to run te club; we as fans are only interested in one thing and that's player purchase so now it's down to Rafa on how to run the club.

The two areas that will be off much concern is the trimming of the wage bill and the selling of players to have a sizeable budget to buy new players

So will he stay to take on such a project?

Last I checked Rafa wins cups and manages football teams with appropriate backing from upstairs. When commercial income is compromised due to cost cutting...well.. he cant polish turds and nor should he be expected to. His job is to keep the good players who fit into his mindset, get rid of shiit players who get paid too much on contracts decided by previous managers and buy better ones with what he is given to spend. I dont want my manager worrying about sponsorship, advertising, selling shirts to Mr Cheung in Beijing and TV deals. Simplistic, yes but fk business models - its not in his remitand nor should it be.

Quote Originally Posted by gogz_86 View Post
    It depends if Rafa is willing to take on this project which has turned to a business model

Rafa has been told he will get every penny the club generates. This basically means he will have to run the club like a business.

I am assuming Rafa as a manager has been or will be shown the books broken down in two columns; expenses and incomes and that's what he has to on his table to deal with.

If Rafa wants a project; then that's the only project he will be given; make your own money and spend it how you like.
    He will have to look into the clubs operating expenses which includes wage bills, player purchases, day to day running etc vs the clubs income; gate takings, merchandise, to rights, players sales etc.

He will need to make a profit or break even to run te club; we as fans are only interested in one thing and that's player purchase so now it's down to Rafa on how to run the club.

The two areas that will be off much concern is the trimming of the wage bill and the selling of players to have a sizeable budget to buy new players

So will he stay to take on such a project?
    only if he can give him self a rise

Sure his Mrs. Will be happy. (Rise)

i hate it when the manager becomes the focal point of a club

mrhinio does it and it stinks
    rafa has become a mourhinio

pep gets his lads on the pitch do the talking
    and he praises them to the hilt

and we talk about their style their players

with rafa it is will he stay will he go

he wants funds
    he has been promised this and that

excuse after excuse

i would love for us to be talked about for our positive performances

even if we lost but had a go

this season has flown buy
    and i can probabaly only recollect two maybe three games where i felt we played how we want to play
    attacking have a go footy

its the first season i have gone to the last game
    not looking forward to the following season

when driving on up to the toon i used to love the anticipation of us playing good footy

under rafa we dont play good footy (mostly)

all people seem to be concerned with is staying in the prem

i pay to get entertained
    and under rafa we arent
    and the results dont even support his style either
    the second worst premier league manager we have statistically
    yet the best paid ever

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Johnson & Johnson actually want him to leave... what a surprise.
    AKA Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I'd rather he left but I'm not in charge of that.

You are the ONLY person, im not gonna call you a fan because I KNOW you aren't,who has that ridiculous attitude towards our manager, and there is no rational reason behind it. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    i would love for us to be talked about for our positive performances

even if we lost but had a go
    Very flawed argumentation IMO. 'Positive' is a pretty stupid word to use here because it's saying defensive football = bad. Anyone who have seen us play this season will know that we have needed to be defensive-minded to a large extent to get out of this alive. Rafa knows, most the fans know, but of course you and the other Johnson can't see this. You both want Keegan-era all-out attacking football and with that approach and these players we would have been relegated, game over. Thank god you're not in charge.

Again, 'having a go' is subjective. I disagree with you that we have not a had go. Had we not had a go we wouldn't have been 10th. Trying to get a point against City by defending and counter-attacking is also having a go. It's different from what you think is having a go, but it counts nonetheless.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)