+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Look to yourself, Harry Kewell

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I’m sorry but I completely agree with what Kewell says in his post match interview. I’m normally an advocate for keeping criticism behind closed doors but I also think there’s a time and a place for it, and yesterday was it.
    Hewitt has taken stick all season, and Vaughan was praised for his performance against MK.
    Now it seems that taking Hewitt out of midfield and bringing Vaughan on was obviously going to cost us the game. It was a forced substitution and I fail to see another option that would have had a better result. We didn’t have an experienced RB on the bench. If we had a tiny squad and had to throw a striker on at RB, I still wouldn’t expect us to capitulate the way we did!
    Those players that featured all had the ability to beat Swindon, they just continued to show they don’t have the desire and that’s why I believe the criticism might have the desired effect.
    Kewell is saying nothing that we haven’t been saying. I was underwhelmed by his appointment but I can see what he’s trying to do and I completely share his frustration.
    What’s the excuse for last week, where he played the most suicidal, over attacking team i’ve ever seen from Notts and blamed the players for that as well?

Bring Back Nolan

As far as i am concerned notts co should have never got rid of nolan.

A massive mistake, one that notts could pay heavily for, and they will pay heavily unless kewall sorts this out

We all know notts prob be in league one now if not for awful refereeing decisions against coventry

But kewall is a million miles away.

And what was purpose of bringing dennis on in the 92nd minute crazy?

What's Paul Hart doing for his money? Not helping much I suspect. Hardy made a massive error rushing to appoint Kewell . Next time perhaps he'll think first.

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Quote, "It was a forced substitution and I fail to see another option that would have had a better result. We didn’t have an experienced RB on the bench."

Turley's first 2 games for us were at RB, where hid did a fair job. So, Tootle off, Turley to RB, Brisley to CB. No disruption to midfield, where we had complete control.
    We also had complete control at the back so how would HK shuffling the back four make any more sense?
    I guarantee had he done that and we lost, he would still be taking the same criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    As far as i am concerned notts co should have never got rid of nolan.

A massive mistake, one that notts could pay heavily for, and they will pay heavily unless kewall sorts this out

We all know notts prob be in league one now if not for awful refereeing decisions against coventry

But kewall is a million miles away.

And what was purpose of bringing dennis on in the 92nd minute crazy?

It’s...Kewell..

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    We also had complete control at the back so how would HK shuffling the back four make any more sense?
    I guarantee had he done that and we lost, he would still be taking the same criticism.
    it was the loss of Hewey in midfield that may well have cost us. They seemed to stroll thru us when he went to right back, which is not his best position. Any of the 3 defenders on the bench would have been a better option, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    What’s the excuse for last week, where he played the most suicidal, over attacking team i’ve ever seen from Notts and blamed the players for that as well?
    I didn’t go to that game so I can’t comment. I’m not saying HK is beyond criticism or he hasn’t made mistakes. I’m talking purely about yesterday.
    That game was lost because players didn’t do their job and apply themselves.

Notts County just have to hope there is 2 clubs worse than them

Nearly very game there is mistakes for one reason or another

The home game on 17th November against Cheltenham is MASSIVE now

Kewell talks about getting rid of half players in january, but i am not sure chairman will dip in his pocket for this?

I do not think Notts will finish higher than 15th, and just hope there is 2 teams worse, because that is the only way they will get away with this

At the moment they are on course to let in over 100 goals

I have never posted here before although I frequently read the posts, but thought for once I would like to comment especially because I was at the match. What I saw was a Swindon team almost played off the park for the first half and Notts unable to take chances to finish the game at that stage. When the second half got underway the Swindon manager had made tactical changes and Notts were under pressure immediately, he went on to make further changes all of which caused more and more problems for Notts. I think he out thought Kewell who through lack of experience/ability?? could do nothing to counteract the Swindon changes. I am a big fan of Stead but what I see is an aging player full of skill and guile but now lacking pace and on whom Notts expect too much. I think there were two or three occasions when a younger quicker player could have been more effective. To me for a league two side the players have the skill and ability to do much better if properly lead, I think instead of criticising players the manager should try and think about his own tactical ability and understanding and correctly utilising what he has instead of wishing for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    What's Paul Hart doing for his money? Not helping much I suspect. Hardy made a massive error rushing to appoint Kewell . Next time perhaps he'll think first.
    Waiting for Harry to get the sack just as he did with Derry of course

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast