+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ardley appointed

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    I entirely echo these comments. I had thought that the departure of HK and NA within hours of each other was directly linked when it clearly wasn't. Nevertheless we have ended up with a proven manager and I am hoping that we all give him the support needed to get our proud club out of its current predicament. I seemed to remember that when Big Sam first came it took him a long time to achieve an away win and fans showed great patience with him and his reign did not turn out too bad leaving aside the disappointing way he departed. Good luck to Neal and welcome to Meadow Lane.
    Agree with this Kintore... I remember when Eddie Howe became manager of Bournemouth, it was a very underwhelming appointment and the team were in a dreadful state, within 6 seasons he took them from the bottom of league 2 all the way to the Premiership.... lets hope Ardley can inspire anything remotely like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Spoken by Alan Hardy:
    "He fits the two essential criteria we identified, too. Firstly, we wanted someone with at least five years’ experience, and secondly we were looking for someone with a promotion on their CV."

Two attributes missing in recent Notts managers, Ardley has both.
    You have to give credit to AH for his persistence and the above criteria appear to be a lot more sensible than being driven by what sounds good to his ears or finding a future England manager.

I really hope he's got it right and got the patience to see it come right. The next transfer window is about getting in enough to ensure safety. Next summer has to be about having a clear out and getting the foundations right for the season after. Throw away that "5 year to the Championship" plan Alan, set about stability and getting good players in as they become available.

Somewhat optimistic that this is a good appointment. Hopefully NA will kick a few Rses and not take any 5hite back from the players. And he will get rid of the several tons worth of deadwood both on the pitch & on the sidelines.

Have you noticed this is the first manager where the length of contract, hasn't been said. A rolling 3 monthly one perhaps

His first proper game in charge is away at our place.

Imagine going on holiday only to return to find you'd been made Notts county manager and your first game is away at your rivals. I'd be livid.

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post

Imagine going on holiday only to return to find you'd been made Notts county manager and your first game is away at your rivals. I'd be livid.
    I've a funny feeling he may just have looked at the fixture list already Stan

Imagine going on holiday only to return to find you'd been made to go to Mansfield.
    Corrected that for you.

Imagine going on holiday only to return to find you'd been made to go to Mansfield without a chance to get your jabs first .
    Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    Corrected that for you.
    Corrected that correction for you

In fairness, we don't normally see Mansfield as our rivals, only when we've hit rock bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Agree with this Kintore... I remember when Eddie Howe became manager of Bournemouth, it was a very underwhelming appointment and the team were in a dreadful state, within 6 seasons he took them from the bottom of league 2 all the way to the Premiership.... lets hope Ardley can inspire anything remotely like this.
    Looks like your are getting confused Irish P and now your confusing me.
    Do you now support getting in a manager who has lost 10 in 12 ?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post

I call it FACT but,whatever floats your boat.I don't see how you can get excited over employing a manager who has lost 10/12 games

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast