+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Last 20 games V Celtic...

We only have 3 wins in the last 21 games against them according to the heritage site going back to 2014/15 so the record is not quite as bad as you were making it out to be.

Oh to go back to the heady heights of 2015/16.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    No problem! They have done marginally better in the last couple of seasons. The thing is if we did the same exercise comparing results against some of the bottom 6 teams Lennon's record is probably far worse than McInnes' and ultimately it's the same 3 points at stake in the games. There are other factors - i.e. some of the games we've played against Celtic have been cup finals where they will undoubtedly raise their game significantly from the level they play at in a run of the mill league game against Kilmarnock for example. So it could be argued that our games are against a better version of the Celtic that the likes of Killie and St Johnstone are playing.
    Absolutely Don.
    Indeed another way of putting it is that Lennon and Clarke sh!t the bed more against opposition that don’t have the same budget as Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Our Chairman has phuck all ambition and is happy to play third fiddle to the old scum.
    Agreed but I think my point still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    No problem! They have done marginally better in the last couple of seasons. The thing is if we did the same exercise comparing results against some of the bottom 6 teams Lennon's record is probably far worse than McInnes' and ultimately it's the same 3 points at stake in the games. There are other factors - i.e. some of the games we've played against Celtic have been cup finals where they will undoubtedly raise their game significantly from the level they play at in a run of the mill league game against Kilmarnock for example. So it could be argued that our games are against a better version of the Celtic that the likes of Killie and St Johnstone are playing.
    My point about it all is that McInnes isn’t for rolling up the sleeves in the big matches against Celtic when they actually count for something. I am sure in the last cup final we only had 2 shots on target and one came from a Celtic player trying to clear his lines. Not good enough in my opinion but very true to the way Del likes to play against them.
    Imagine some builder builds a house that isn’t fit for purpose but continually keeps doing it because he believes in what he is doing...one day one of his house’s may be fit for purpose but surely someone would have a word in his ear and say that the way he carries on isn’t benefiting anyone so maybe he should try something different.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    We only have 3 wins in the last 21 games against them according to the heritage site going back to 2014/15 so the record is not quite as bad as you were making it out to be.

Oh to go back to the heady heights of 2015/16.

We beat them:-

1-0 May 18
    2-1 Feb 16
    2-1 Sept 15
    2-1 Feb 14
    2-1 Feb 14 (SC)

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    We beat them:-

1-0 May 18
    2-1 Feb 16
    2-1 Sept 15
    2-1 Feb 14
    2-1 Feb 14 (SC)
    Fits the agenda if you increase it to 30 games but not 20. You also show that our success rate is decreasing with time.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Fits the agenda if you increase it to 30 games but not 20. You also show that our success rate is decreasing with time.
    I have no agenda.
    Just pointing out the facts.

I have no agenda.
    You really have a weird love for Dodgy Del. Are you his wife?

If so, a friend seen her this season at the airport in Florida...said she looked horrific!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    My point about it all is that McInnes isn’t for rolling up the sleeves in the big matches against Celtic when they actually count for something. I am sure in the last cup final we only had 2 shots on target and one came from a Celtic player trying to clear his lines. Not good enough in my opinion but very true to the way Del likes to play against them.
    Imagine some builder builds a house that isn’t fit for purpose but continually keeps doing it because he believes in what he is doing...one day one of his house’s may be fit for purpose but surely someone would have a word in his ear and say that the way he carries on isn’t benefiting anyone so maybe he should try something different.
    Yeah, I hear what you're saying, and I like the analogy too! haha And yeah I do also agree that he needs to try a different approach - I do think he's tried a few things over the last 2-3 years, but it could be argued they're all a variation on a fairly defensive theme. He could go for a gung ho approach next time and we end up getting annihilated 5-0 or something and folk will be moaning even more. As much as everyone says "i'd rather lose 4-0 having a go at them, than lose 1-0 playing defensively" you can bet that if we got spanked 4-0 everyone would be on here just as unhappy! I'd love us to go more offensive against them, but I fear we'd ship even more goals.

I have no agenda.
    As was I. The OP says we have won 5 times out of the last 20 games which we clearly have not.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast