+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moncur Scores

Selling him was a big mistake , for whatever we got for Moncur , ittul be peanuts compared to what we could get being promoted , i hope this dunt come back to haunt us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Selling him was a big mistake , for whatever we got for Moncur , ittul be peanuts compared to what we could get being promoted , i hope this dunt come back to haunt us ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I wonder who decided to sell to a promotion rival I bet it was the management so who the bloody hell should we blame?
    I await your answer with interest
    I have had my say on the matter.
    But I would love to know what you would have done with Moncur.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Roma his contract would have run out in the summer so I think we would have got nowt.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Roma his contract would have run out in the summer so I think we would have got nowt.
    A still think we shudda kept him here, good impact player, got goals in him , not a 90 min man ? Some say , strengthened the squad with experience on the bench , just look at the Subs now , Hedges ? Weak link ,apparently Moncur was happy here ? , it's the selling to another promotion rival that annoys most of us , It shunt have ever happened him leaving for Luton ,

So is Isgroves and weve let him go to Portsmouth on loan to the end of the season. So were getting nowt for him and let him go to a rival for promotion.

I have had my say on the matter.
    But I would love to know what you would have done with Moncur.
    Don't even know why you need to ask but

I would have kept him & if needs be let him go in summer for nowt
    I would not have let him go to a promotion rival
    but I suppose it depends whether you are interested in promotion or your bank balance but both are not mutually exclusive
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 30-01-2019 at 05:25 PM.

It's not just up to the management of the club. Often these players just want to move somewhere else for whatever reason. Keeping them against their will would be counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by linzbfc View Post
    It's not just up to the management of the club. Often these players just want to move somewhere else for whatever reason. Keeping them against their will would be counterproductive.
    That's all perfectly well and good but the club also or should have a duty to protect their interests on the field of play .

Yes you can go but not to our closets rivals for promotion at this time .

I suggest you get your respective agents on the phone and see if they can fix you up with clubs we are not in direct competition with at this moment .

Let them go if that is the case but not to a rival

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Let them go if that is the case but not to a rival
    But they are most likely to be suited to a team at our level which would make them a rival unless they were able to step up a whole division.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast