+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Overseas Consortium.Who?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Notts County FC. Yours for a quid!
    A quid for the shares plus taking on all our debts.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    did'nt the 20 M deal fall through after he got his chopper out
    Presumably so, if that was the £15m in contracts AH was tweeting about - although that sounds a little odd to me unless the deal was with, say, the Church of England. The Peckergate story was already fish and chip paper after a couple of days, hardly a big scandal in the great scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Wrong, we will still be the oldest professional football club in the world.

As for the consortium I know for a fact its the same one Ray Trew daggled us, they're based over seas on fantasy island
    I thought Fantasy Island was located at Ingoldmells, near Skegness on the East Coast of Lincolnshire?

Perhaps the consortium is headed by the Jolly Fisherman and Billy Butlin.

The Jolly Fisherman ain't interested!

Name:  Jolly Fisherman.jpg
Views: 1714
Size:  32.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    The Jolly Fisherman ain't interested!

Name:  Jolly Fisherman.jpg
Views: 1714
Size:  32.7 KB
    Shame! He's a blue chip pan alley investor.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Presumably so, if that was the £15m in contracts AH was tweeting about - although that sounds a little odd to me unless the deal was with, say, the Church of England. The Peckergate story was already fish and chip paper after a couple of days, hardly a big scandal in the great scheme of things.
    That's what I thought. I can't imagine why any normal business would rip up a contract because the owner of another business posted something on Twitter. I can't see how that would affect the customer's reputation. I mean the customer's customers wouldn't know who fitted out their buildings, nor would they care.

I just don't think the business world is that moralistic. If it were, hardly any business would get done.

It's more likely the customer pulled out due to Paragons precarious position. Things like late payment of sub-contractors on other jobs can be deal breakers on new contracts - client probably cut their loses due to lack of confidence in Paragon being able to deliver their job.

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/...-for-survival/

Rumours of a local consortium getting together-BBC red

Customers do look at heads of companies they are dealing with and form a judgement as to whether to trade/invest with them or not. Trust me.
    Look at Philip Green for example. Very Hardy-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Customers do look at heads of companies they are dealing with and form a judgement as to whether to trade/invest with them or not. Trust me.
    Look at Philip Green for example. Very Hardy-esque.
    Not typical in construction, due to the short nature of the relationship. This looks like a simple case of Paragon stopped paying their sub-contractors, the new customer got cold feet regarding their ability to successfully fulfill their contract with them. That is a common thing in construction.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast