+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Word of warning ⚠️

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    The way I see it is that if we aim for first then we will certainly get second minimum. However we are in the endgame now and I am convinced that should we win our remaining matches we will win the league. That is the challenge and we’ve made a bloody good start to it.
    we win next 6 games we win title. Countys ass will drop but thats an ask that is unlikely. But ....

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    we win next 6 games we win title. Countys ass will drop but thats an ask that is unlikely. But ....
    Afraid not Shedboy. Ross County would need (only) 16 points out of 24 to secure the title. So 5 wins, 2 losses & a draw does it & no one incl ourselves can do anything about it.

That 5-point swing when we were at Falkirk & Ross County were at Partick last month did us I fear.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Afraid not Shedboy. Ross County would need (only) 16 points out of 24 to secure the title. So 5 wins, 2 losses & a draw does it & no one incl ourselves can do anything about it.

That 5-point swing when we were at Falkirk & Ross County were at Partick last month did us I fear.
    But, they have a 3 game spell this week away to Alloa on the plastic, away to ICT which will be brutal and then us. 2 defeats and one draw could easily come in the next three games alone.

The truth is that we simply don’t know what is going to unfold. Should we win all our remaining games and they see it out then good luck to them. BUT, the loss of McKay may well tell. Had he played at Tannadice a week ago he’s exactly the sort that would have pounced on a Seigrist fumble. Instead they’ve now got donkey Graham up front. Let’s see where their goals come from over the next crucial few weeks.

Agree James of course they could win them all. Regardless we need to keep winning as if we do have to do the play offs 2nd is a big advantage

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    But, they have a 3 game spell this week away to Alloa on the plastic, away to ICT which will be brutal and then us. 2 defeats and one draw could easily come in the next three games alone.

The truth is that we simply don’t know what is going to unfold. Should we win all our remaining games and they see it out then good luck to them. BUT, the loss of McKay may well tell. Had he played at Tannadice a week ago he’s exactly the sort that would have pounced on a Seigrist fumble. Instead they’ve now got donkey Graham up front. Let’s see where their goals come from over the next crucial few weeks.
    good post but IMO the league has been won already. No way we will win the league

Agree - no chance we're winning the league. Too inconsistent by far. Great to see us grinding out a few wins recently and need to keep that going. I'd like to see us stop talking ourselves up in the press and concentrate on securing second place.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggler View Post
    Agree - no chance we're winning the league. Too inconsistent by far. Great to see us grinding out a few wins recently and need to keep that going. I'd like to see us stop talking ourselves up in the press and concentrate on securing second place.
    It's funny, Ian Roach in the Tele was basically saying the opposite of that and he even made reference to us fans getting bored of players saying this that and the other. I guess it's in their interest to create stories.

I hate to say it but there is a very realistic chance that BOTH highland teams can get promoted this season. Rossco may be a bridge too far for us at this time, but who knows, and ICT would have a great chance against us in the play-offs as well as against whoever finishes 2nd bottom of the Premier League. We have no margin for slip ups in our remaining 6-10 games. That's a tall order.

Why all this defeatism?
    Yes it's unlikely, one could say highly unlikely, but IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE..
    Any players who are playing for 2nd place can go & get ****ed.
    Mark Reynolds said as much in an interview y'day.
    As title winners we could have easily been dead & buried but interestingly, we are not. If we carry on like Tuesday, who knows?
    And if you think tmrw's game is big, look ahead to May 4th at Greenock. Where it might just be mental.
    So stand strong & full support.

Its not impossible but on our track record i get that folk dont believe we can win title. Maybe its hypothetical but if we could win the 6 and maybe its just stupid to even have that thought. BUT i can see County faltering a bit. Anyway finishing 2nd would be an achievement i didnt think possible a couple of months ago

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)