+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Promotions, relegation & Premiership title (official)

Yes, well done Barnsley, we’ve been keeping the seat warm for you.

Cheers guys for your kind words .

Massive relief tonight we've got the job done .

Really really tough this season and it's taken us to break all kinds of club records to get it done .

I was dreading saturday , thankfully we don't have to go through that now .

One of these years we might get to play each other in the same league. Hope you have more luck than we have had.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Cheers guys for your kind words .

Massive relief tonight we've got the job done .

Really really tough this season and it's taken us to break all kinds of club records to get it done .

I was dreading saturday , thankfully we don't have to go through that now .
    I wonder how you will set up in the Championship?

Defending (badly) like us or more expansive “just like watching Brazil” ?

Yes a big well done to Barnsley who take our place in the Championship once again. We kind of knew it might end up like this didn't we.
    I'm glad Peterborough won too, hopefully they'll take that final playoff place at the expense of Donny. I can't stand the thought of us being the only S.Yorks club outside the championship next season 😨

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    One of these years we might get to play each other in the same league. Hope you have more luck than we have had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I wonder how you will set up in the Championship?

Defending (badly) like us or more expansive “just like watching Brazil” ?
    Barnsley are light years ahead of us.
    I went to the Barnsley v Sunderland game earlier in the season, I was well impressed with some of their youngsters.They have the best defence in League 1 and unbeaten at Oakwell this season.
    Lindsay at Centre - Back is quality. They have something to build on for next season.
    If they can hold onto the quality players and add a couple they should be okay even though there's a big difference between Championship and League 1.
    The Championship this season had plenty of bang average teams in it.

Years behind Barnsley FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Cam, Sir Joey is very popular with us all tonight as he and his team whacked our rivals Sunderland lol.
    But the bloke is a cretin at the end of the day, so if Paul Warne can 'take him out' next season, then Id pay good money to see that on Youtube.
    What's the odds of your manager baking him a cake as a thank you?

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Barnsley are light years ahead of us.
    I went to the Barnsley v Sunderland game earlier in the season, I was well impressed with some of their youngsters.They have the best defence in League 1 and unbeaten at Oakwell this season.
    Lindsay at Centre - Back is quality. They have something to build on for next season.
    If they can hold onto the quality players and add a couple they should be okay even though there's a big difference between Championship and League 1.
    The Championship this season had plenty of bang average teams in it.

Years behind Barnsley FC.
    Thanks Frank .

Pinnock , Lindsay , Davies and Cavare won't be here next season unfortunately .

All have refused new deals and so with 12 months left on their contracts they will be sold as per club model .

Who comes in to replace them is the key to our prospects next season .

It could be a real struggle bedding in a complete new back 4 and goalkeeper .

I'm pleased for Barnsley. But I'm slightly confused by your statement as, if memory serves, you have stated several times on here that the standard in L1 this season was rubbish. If I have confused you with another Barnsley poster (there are so many on here) apologies.

Thanks Frank .

Pinnock , Lindsay , Davies and Cavare won't be here next season unfortunately .
    All have refused new deals and so with 12 months left on their contracts they will be sold as per club model
    Who comes in to replace them is the key to our prospects next season .
    It could be a real struggle bedding in a complete new back 4 and goalkeeper .
    The profit on Lindsay alone will buy Barnsley a decent backline. They may have to ditch the model of not bringing players in over the age of 24.
    Your owners need to back Stendel or indeed you will struggle.

I was comparing clubs on recruitment and size of fees paid and outgoing transfer fees.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast