+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastleigh away

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    We'll be OK ! I'm really looking forward to my first game. I've just picked up my new Football Boots from Sports Direct in Town, I went early as I can use my Bus Pass.
    i hope i dont get picked last and have to go in goal

Quote Originally Posted by ReadWarbler View Post
    Maidenhead Boxing Day and New Years Day !!!!???
    How did that happen.
    Im sure some oldtimer once told me that years ago, teams would play on xmas day. Then play the opposite fixture the following day on Boxing day. Amazing if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Im sure some oldtimer once told me that years ago, teams would play on xmas day. Then play the opposite fixture the following day on Boxing day. Amazing if true.
    Public transport was better and cheaper, matchday entry wasn't extortionate,players weren't such pansies and supporting your club was actually fun

That start is just about as hard as it could be. I saw Eastleigh on TV in a playoff semifinal and they looked a good strong side who played attacking football. Then it’s Stockport who will be one of the “big” sides in this league and will have upward momentum following their promotion last season. Followed shortly by Harrogate, Wrexham and Solihull who all made the playoffs last season. Of the sides I’d expect to challenge, only Fylde are not on that list, which only covers the first nine games. In view of the disruption caused by the protracted sale negotiations, I’d be happy with 11 or 12 points from those first nine games.

Who's looking forward to Jamie Fullarton returning to Meadow Lane on the 14th Sep? Just hope we're not made to eat Humble pie that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    That start is just about as hard as it could be. I saw Eastleigh on TV in a playoff semifinal and they looked a good strong side who played attacking football. Then it’s Stockport who will be one of the “big” sides in this league and will have upward momentum following their promotion last season. Followed shortly by Harrogate, Wrexham and Solihull who all made the playoffs last season. Of the sides I’d expect to challenge, only Fylde are not on that list, which only covers the first nine games. In view of the disruption caused by the protracted sale negotiations, I’d be happy with 11 or 12 points from those first nine games.
    I think we'll have less than 10 points after the first 10 games.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I think we'll have less than 10 points after the first 10 games.
    If things don't happen soon, we could have less than one point after the first ten games!

I can't believe posters are running scared of poxy little small-town teams a month before the season starts. Better not watch any scary fillums, darlings.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I can't believe posters are running scared of poxy little small-town teams a month before the season starts. Better not watch any scary fillums, darlings.
    Our first eleven is as poxy as it gets, we don't have a left back and only one centre half. No money and automatic embargo until we pay the tax man. I suspect poxy Chorley would beat our first team if we played them for real on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by ReadWarbler View Post
    Maidenhead Boxing Day and New Years Day !!!!???
    How did that happen.
    Notts v Chesterfield requires heavy policing. Notts v Maidenhead doesn't. I assume that is a key factor these days.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast