+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why?

Give a coherent explanation as to why it doesnt add up then?

Two right away,

He didn't play negative in any of the first few league games and it got results, we didn't start fast in all of them (Partick away), we started fast v Inverness and Dunfy, but there were no "negative tactics", there is no way he sent us out to start slow vs Partick (or Arbroath / tonight) but told us to start fast vs Inverness, Dunfermline and Morton etc

He isn't stupid and knows starting slow hasn't been a positive thing for us and starting fast has saw us deliver mostly very good results, while starting slow we still won a couple but It wasn't easy, so knowing that.. Is he is going to think hmmm I'll make life difficult for myself, affect results negatively that can lead to criticism of me and talk of my job etc

That's why It doesn't add up and makes no sense, and why I don't agree with it

I agree with that. Anyone who think Robbie is deliberately sending the team out to start slowly and cautiously in some games is fooling themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I agree with that. Anyone who think Robbie is deliberately sending the team out to start slowly and cautiously in some games is fooling themselves.
    Ok, so are you saying the players didn’t follow his instructions/plan? Never looked like that to me when the camera zoomed in to him on the sidelines (many times) in the first half.
    If they were not following them, then surely he’d be very animated and barking orders at them, but wasn’t.
    Did he hook anyone early doors, because they were not following, no, first sub at 61mins.

You two are kidding yourselves on!

You know Robbie well enough to read his reactions? I seriously doubt that. Anyway, you really think he set out his team to play like that? You can't realy believe that, can you?

You know Robbie well enough to read his reactions? I seriously doubt that. Anyway, you really think he set out his team to play like that? You can't realy believe that, can you?
    Away from home, I think Robbie sets us up, and instructs the team to sit in, keep it tight, and hit on the break. It failed at Ayr, he panicked, and did the same against Arbroath, and yesterday at Alloa, and again it failed. If that’s not how he’s setting us up, then as I said earlier, the players are not following his instructions, but his body language, actions during the game, and subs tells me that’s not the case.
    We’ve not got the defence to take that approach, and as we’ve proven, inviting teams to attack us ends in disaster more often than not.

please never start Smith at LB as long as i live

I am not suggesting deliberately, but our away form has been generally ropey, and Robbie needs to work out why. I agree that, given we are not involved with the players, we can only speculate, but something seems not right. That could be something different in the preparation, in the teamtalk, the tactics,in the mental attitude of the players, or even just the wrong music on the team bus, but management team need to analyse and revise/adapt somewhere.

Does Robbie have a game plan? If he does, I can't see it.

Other teams have one against us and it's so obvious that even the part-time team at the bottom of the league don't have trouble implementing it:

1 - Don't believe the hype, United players aren't that good. Close them down and show a bit of physicality and they can't cope.

2 - Leave our centre backs on the ball.

That's it.

And another thing - Alloa didn't sit in and try and hit us on the break. They threw men forward at times, which often left a bit of room for us but we didn't have the ability to exploit it in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    please never start Smith at LB as long as i live

He had been dodgy defensively at right back at Ayr and v Arbroath but the last few mins done brilliant attacking wise to help us win that game, he needs to step it up but yea back to RB asap

Badly missing Robson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)