+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Next up, Friday night away to Alloa

He played 12 out of the 20 games during the period in which he was at Doncaster including 4 starts. Who knows how fit he is but if he's been making the bench regularly as well as starting (and lasting the 90mins in most starts) then that would suggest he's fit to play.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    He played 12 out of the 20 games during the period in which he was at Doncaster including 4 starts. Who knows how fit he is but if he's been making the bench regularly as well as starting (and lasting the 90mins in most starts) then that would suggest he's fit to play.
    Out of their last 6 matches he never made the squad for 3 games(i think)came on at 45,76 and 90+3(one minutes game time).So he has played 60 minutes since November 2019.I would suggest he is nothing like fit enough to start the graveyard shift at the Indodrill.I do not fancy another humiliation in Alloa,i just can't understand why posters would want to hand the initiative to a bunch of part timers,surely we need to play our strongest 11 which should not include an unfit reject from Doncaster FN Rovers.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Out of their last 6 matches he never made the squad for 3 games(i think)came on at 45,76 and 90+3(one minutes game time).So he has played 60 minutes since November 2019.I would suggest he is nothing like fit enough to start the graveyard shift at the Indodrill.I do not fancy another humiliation in Alloa,i just can't understand why posters would want to hand the initiative to a bunch of part timers,surely we need to play our strongest 11 which should not include an unfit reject from Doncaster FN Rovers.
    That's because his contract ended at the end of January mate. They've played 3 games since then. The 2 prior he had a hamstring strain but is fit again.

Sadly 'a reject from Doncaster Rovers' is provably the level were operating at atm. Peter Pawlett was a 'reject from MK Dons' and they are 11 places below Doncaster.

That's because his contract ended at the end of January mate. They've played 3 games since then. The 2 prior he had a hamstring strain but is fit again.
    His last start was on the 14th of December which means he has not played 90 minutes for over 2 months when we take to the plastic in Alloa.If that was the case for any signed United player barring Shankland i would suspect not one poster would have that player as starting this crucial match.
    I always find it strange when we sign a player everyone is itching to see him start regardless of how bad his stats and level he has played at are.Now had we got Kevin Nisbet from the Pars i would be saying he must start because we have all watched him playing and scoring goals at our level.

Strongest 11 and get back into winning ways. Don't care about formations, who starts or anything......I just want a professional win that should get the confidence back. Horrible pitch which our players always seem to play on like it's a training game...don't know if that's a psychological thing with us doing training on this type of pitch but this is a game that we need to get stuck right into!

I guess we're pretty eager to see some sort of attacking support for Shankland. If he's fit enough for the substitute appearances for Doncaster, he's fit enough for us. He can't be any worse an option than Pawlett or Sow, let's face it, and their last 90mins were about 3 months prior to the messiah's tombola deeming them good enough for a start a few weeks ago.

Sadly 'a reject from Doncaster Rovers' is provably the level were operating at atm. Peter Pawlett was a 'reject from MK Dons' and they are 11 places below Doncaster.
    We offered 500,000 for a striker mate so i would suggest the last time we signed a player released by Hamilton,Cheltenham and Doncaster was at the level created by Stephen Thompson not the one we operate at now.Can i just add that we have lost two strikers and the manager having failed to get Nesbit needed to get someone in.
    It may well be that Bingham will be a good addition to the squad but he should not be starting ahead of match fit players in a very dodgy away venue.

What I mean is, we're a Championship side, playing against Alloa on Friday after playing against Arbroath last week. Doncaster are at least of that level. They were a Championship side last year. Let's not pretend we are levels above where we are at right now because we aren't.
    Yes we made a £500K bid for Nisbet, a mid table Championship player. Who knows if he's any good to make the step up but even then, he's still a Championship player. Not long ago Bingham was playing 100 games for a side who have consistently been playing at a level above us. Time will tell how good/fit he is but going on his past I'd suggest hes probably enough for us for the next 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Nobody is saying that Powers is pish. Indeed there will be games next season where we will have less of the ball and have a more defensive set up where somebody who can retain the ball, slow it down and find a pass in the midfield will be needed. Powers would fit that mould. However where we are expected to be on the front foot and coming up against banks of four and five and the ball needs to be passed quicker and forward in a much more incisive manner, then sorry but on the evidence so far, that ain’t his game.

Exactly, I'd play Powers if Butcher is struggling or being used at CB

Him and Butcher together hasn't worked, and the three together hasn't either, it also negates the strength and balance that we clearly get from Butcher/Harkes combo

The thought of that at dens in April I don't like.. We should learn lessons from January

Butcher and Harkes have played in and been successful in derbies, at both sides of the game, the battles, without the ball and on the ball attacking

Having a slower player who may be tidy and stuff hasn't added anything to us that we needed for the championship.. It may do in other scenarios. These are how I see it and I'm a bit disappointed as was expecting a more combative, box to box quicker type

I'm not writing him off yet (although funny no one questions not rating King in his limited apps) , if he plays well ill say so, just haven't seen it yet ( the two I've seen were Hibs home and Morton home) just want us playing our best team and that still means Butcher/Harkes cm

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)