+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ex-player Craig Ramage #Cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Who said it wasn't wrong ? But you cannot be equating the experiences of white people in UK to those who are black in terms of racism ?
    Listen, I really do not care what you think or have to say, I find you boring. Bye.

Who said it wasn't wrong ? But you cannot be equating the experiences of white people in UK to those who are black in terms of racism ?

I'm just guessing here but the experience of those white girls in Rochdale/Rotherham/Oxford etc. would probably be worse than anything the vast majority of non-white girls in this country, in this time period, have suffered at the hands of men of a different race.
    If we're going back in history, then mixed race people have now got as much to answer for as white people because they're just as likely to be related to people involved in the slave trade. It's a silly game of oneupmanship that doesn't achieve anything.

Until it's recognized that white people can be and have been victims of racism and exploitation then we'll probably never move on to the next step, which would be to call out the real b@$turds in this world. It's the 1% that we need to be dealing with, all of this racism etc. is a very convenient distraction for them. I think we're all being played.

The segment in which Ramage was speaking in also publicised an interview with Charlie Palmer talking about racism among other things

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07t0zlp

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I remember watching a programme last year where a black woman was saying it was impossible ( can't remember the reason she gave because I was sick to death of listening to her b0llocks ) for white people to claim they have been the victims of racism. Well, I have from both black and asian people sevearal times and I have witnessed it. I remember getting lost in Birmingham ( not far from Villa Park if memory serves me right ) several years back. Anyway, I sees this little back street garage and decide to ask the lads working there for directions. Well , I was told in no uncertain terms where to go and the colour of my skin was mentioned several times. Safe to say, I would not recommend the place if you needed an MOT.
    Yeah Pugwash, I was racially abused as a kid when I went over to Ireland, they called me an English w@nker. So now Craig Ramage should be able to say what the f00k he likes.

And yet that incident from several years back was so outstanding that it has stuck in your memory. How about if you had that every day, in every part of your life ? If you were watching an entertainment programme on the TV and your skin colour was used as a reason to denigrate you and make a generalised slur that you knew would be thrown back at you when you tried to get a job for instance ?

Surely it's not hard to imagine how that is wrong ?
    No, it's not hard to "imagine" it, Frenchie, but you're trying a strawman argument there, setting up a scenario to shoot it down. Do you seriously think it happens to all blacks "every day, in every part of your life"? There are laws to protect people in such cases, and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Listen, I really do not care what you think or have to say, I find you boring. Bye.
    and yet you thought to try to make an argument until you lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I'm just guessing here but the experience of those white girls in Rochdale/Rotherham/Oxford etc. would probably be worse than anything the vast majority of non-white girls in this country, in this time period, have suffered at the hands of men of a different race.
    If we're going back in history, then mixed race people have now got as much to answer for as white people because they're just as likely to be related to people involved in the slave trade. It's a silly game of oneupmanship that doesn't achieve anything.

Until it's recognized that white people can be and have been victims of racism and exploitation then we'll probably never move on to the next step, which would be to call out the real b@$turds in this world. It's the 1% that we need to be dealing with, all of this racism etc. is a very convenient distraction for them. I think we're all being played.
    Yep can't disagree with that. All forms of racism are bad and pointless. You can't justify one by saying another sort exists. That's my point. But Ramage was wrong and I don't understand why people can't just accept that instead of trying to justify it.

Jane Elliott's experiment says it all for me https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Elliott

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    No, it's not hard to "imagine" it, Frenchie, but you're trying a strawman argument there, setting up a scenario to shoot it down. Do you seriously think it happens to all blacks "every day, in every part of your life"? There are laws to protect people in such cases, and you know it.
    ‘all blacks’? I thought they were a rugby team?

Yep can't disagree with that. All forms of racism are bad and pointless. You can't justify one by saying another sort exists. That's my point. But Ramage was wrong and I don't understand why people can't just accept that instead of trying to justify it.

Jane Elliott's experiment says it all for me https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Elliott

Thanks for the link, very illuminating I’d not heard of her before.

Wrong it what way? What he said or for saying it? Why he said what he said was because that was the way he saw it, in his experience and in his job he sees such things happen. If you are saying that's not the point, he shouldn't have said it anyway, then there are many who would disagree with you and agree with his right to say it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast