+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Be honest...have you drunk more since the lockdown?

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Drinking far too much. Bourbon and ginger ale. A couple of bottles a week.
    I am a Whiskey drinker Scum and someone bought me a bottle of bourbon for xmas which isn't the same thing.

I am really trying to like it but it has a bit of a clinical taste. Obviously I'll keep going and make my decision at the bottom of the bottle.
    It's Makers Mark brand from Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I am a Whiskey drinker Scum and someone bought me a bottle of bourbon for xmas which isn't the same thing.

I am really trying to like it but it has a bit of a clinical taste. Obviously I'll keep going and make my decision at the bottom of the bottle.
    I like both. If drinking neat I’ll go with whiskey, usually Irish.
    If making old fashioneds or mixing with ginger ale I prefer bourbon.

About the same for me.
    I order a crate of bottled beer every ten days and I make sure it lasts ten days.
    I won’t be rushing back to the pub next week either.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I like both. If drinking neat I’ll go with whiskey, usually Irish.
    If making old fashioneds or mixing with ginger ale I prefer bourbon.
    Ok I'll try some mixers with it.
    My preference is neat whiskey from the Scottish Islands and in particular the peat based ones.
    Laphroaig,s peat reek malt is probably the no 1 for me.
    Talisker a close second

It's pretty complicated as to whether what you are drinking is bourbon or Tennessee Whiskey, despite what it says on the label

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_whiskey

Ok I'll try some mixers with it.
    My preference is neat whiskey from the Scottish Islands and in particular the peat based ones.
    Laphroaig,s peat reek malt is probably the no 1 for me.
    Talisker a close second
    Scottish whisky doesn’t have an e. Only Irish and America whiskey does.

I'm with you on this, flourbasher. The peaty ones are my favourite: Laphroaig, Ardbeg and, for very special days, Lagavulin.

The US is a dangerous place to be if you like Scotch - particularly good blended stuff. I recently bought a 1.5 liter bottle of Dewars White Label at Costco for $16.99 (about £13) That was unusually cheap and I had to buy two bottles to get that price. (Oh, how I suffered!) Typically, I will buy 1.5 liters of Ballantynes at my local drug store for $19.99 (about £15.50.)

I'm not a heavy drinker and don't start until after 7.00pm and try to have at least one day off every week. But, to the OP question, yes, more!

It’s not the lockdown it’s the soft headed stuff posted on here that makes me hit the bottle

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I was in a state of shock when I put bin out 😂
    I put my back out !

It's a big rip off in some places selling John Smith's free flow in level pint glasses. Some have too much gas in so if you don't say anything they'll pull you bout 3/4 of a pint of actual beer. No wonder people are stopping out longer. In old days when I started drinking on stones pulled to line to give you a full pint when you'd had sufficient of them you knew it. Home james!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast