+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Nottingham Christmas Market

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    As for Trump, it'd be great if he'd just shut up and go away. Although I suspect that'll only happen when he's safely in his - probably gold plated - box in the ground.
    ...or the New York State Penitentiary.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Utter stupidity. There were no controls on the number of people entering. How did they think this would work out?

Nottingham City Council are money grabbing tossers.

I went to Beeston Farmers market a few months ago. Limited numbers allowed through, a one way system, hygiene stations next to nearly every stall, everyone wearing masks.

Why can our own council not do anywhere near as good a job as Beeston. Because they didn’t care until it made front page news.

Birmingham and Manchester cancelled theirs. I wonder why?

Idiots running Nottingham. And we can’t even put a few thousand fans in a stadium fit for 20k, I bet if the council got a similarly sized brown envelope as they do from Mellors we’d be fine.
    Bleddy moronic idea, it was obvious what would happen. Defeats the purpose of fighting the virus.

Now shut permanently - No apologies as yet from the Council!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Now shut permanently - No apologies as yet from the Council!!!
    Nor the organisers!!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Nor the organisers!!
    This is all on the Council - They made the decision to allow the market to go ahead saying it would boost Nottingham economy, they have now probably ensured that we stay in tier 3 after the 16th December which will have a devastating effect on the hospitality industry. Bloody fools who should now offer a full apology to the people they represent.

The hospitality industry should be taking the appropriate action against them then.

Interestingly, Edward Mellors is/was part of a government task force to ‘ develop proposals for how and when closed businesses and venues can safely reopen’.

https://mellorsgroupevents.com/edwar...ment-taskforce

He is also a confirmed Tory party supporter;

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...s-tax-avoiders

I’m sure all this is unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I agree with your points, but I can't believe how the blame is being put almost solely on the council. It would also be interesting to see Mellor's risk assessment to see what the council agreed to.

Whoever's fault, totally irresponsible, although those flocking there without social distancing need to take a look at whether they really needed to.

It really doesn't bode well for the 5 days over Christmas I'm afraid - and as for New Year's Eve .....
    Every event like this has to be approved by the council, Mellors can’t just do it. Almost every other event has had to be cancelled and many which had put in “safe protocols” haven’t been approved.

If Mellors hasn’t followed the correct guidance the council should have immediately closed them down. They didn’t. Whilst Mellors are likely responsible for letting it get completely out of hand, the council are fully responsible for allowing it at all.

But for me, the reason the blame is with the council, they not only allowed it, despite everyone telling them what would happen, they stood behind their decision and said it would be safe.

I couldn’t care less what party the councillors who supported this stand for, they have proven they don’t stand for the people of Nottingham, and at best have shown their utter complete incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    ...or the New York State Penitentiary.
    That'd be preferential to the gold box actually.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    I am not surprised by anything the members of Nottingham City Council do. They have spent the last 50 years ruining a once wonderful city, and spending ratepayers money as if there is no tomorrow.
    They have been Running it I will agree but let me correct it for you please.

Running It Down !!!!! now that makes far more sense.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast