+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Torquay United 28.08.21 [NL]

Torquay were well beaten at home to Alty on Saturday, their squad from last season has been ripped apart with Notts being one of the main beneficiaries. Wouldn’t put it past Cameron to grab a goal. Everything suggests we should be too much for them but I suspect it will be closer than some predict, I hope I’m wrong.

My “YAP” goes on …

Notts 3-2 Gulls
    Roberts, Wootton, Cameron

The only thing we established last Saturday is that we are a much better side than Barnet. But I suspect most of the NL will turn out to be as well.

I think a draw would be a disappointing result against Torquay, though I don’t know whether Lemonjuice Evans will be back for them.

3-1 Notts (R and R, Wootton)

As for Wrexham, I think going there early in the season should be a good thing. We’ve got a well bonded, established team, they haven’t. Yet.

Notts 1, Torquay 0 (Rodrigues, again) - 5,683.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    All thoughts of Barnet need to be put firmly to bed. As the days have gone by and the more I’ve watched the “highlights”, we were clearly playing a club in crisis from day 1. Not a good marker of the league by any means. The next 2 games will be a much stiffer test. Having said that we clearly have the quality to beat both. I have my ticket for Saturday and am looking forward to it. One thing last Saturday will have done is put a few extra on the gate, - be interesting to see what the turnout is. I hope we can put on a performance to merit the occasion. 3-1 Notts…
    The same could be said for the first game last season against Dover and we lost that. As the old saying goes you can only beat what is in front of you and it's about time we gave struggling or bottom third teams at this level a battering.

It sends out a message to other clubs in the league to watch out.

We go from one extreme to the other over this weekend as we face Torquay and Wrexham. Whilst Torquay may not be the side they were two months ago between them and Wrexham on paper they are roughly the toughest opposition we will face this season so it will be a good early season marker as to where we are currently at.

I like yourself am confident that we can beat either of them and should have nothing to fear.

Notts 3 Torquay 1
    Roberts, JOB, og

Notts win 3-1, not sure on scorers just the score.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Notts win 3-1, not sure on scorers just the score.

Notts to win 3-0.

Notts 2 - 1 Torquay
    Rodrigues, Mitchell

2 - 0 Notts. Cameron and Roberts. 6578 there.

Notts 5 Torquay 3

Roberts (2) Rodders (3)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast