+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jake Bugg

Thanks for that info justincast, you have now restored my my faith in Mr Bugg. On seeing that ticket price, my flabber was well and truly gasted 🤣

I went to see him at the Arena a few years ago.
    As with a few acts I’ve seen over the years, the venue was too big for his music and stage presence.
    I think seeing him at Rock City would be a considerably better gig.

Quote Originally Posted by justincast View Post
    That must be from a ticket agency as before the gig sold out they were £25 face value direct from Rock City for the March 2022 night.
    Can’t you just pay at the gate?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Can’t you just pay at the gate?

Proud of how good Jake is and his strong connection and links to Notts.

As many will know Rock City is a great venue for live music IMO perfect size for good atmosphere as well as feeling right in the gig. Questionable toilets, constant floor stickiness and an unknown stuff substance dripping from the ceiling at peak times. But I loved that place and spent many a night out there.

Saw Foo Fighters on their first UK tour there in 97 although I am pretty sure Dave Grohl isn't a Notts fan so happy we've got Jake amongst our ranks.

Best gig I've seen there was actually The Offspring before they became commercial a couple of years earlier.

Talk about energetic performance.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

Proud of how good Jake is and his strong connection and links to Notts.

As many will know Rock City is a great venue for live music IMO perfect size for good atmosphere as well as feeling right in the gig. Questionable toilets, constant floor stickiness and an unknown stuff substance dripping from the ceiling at peak times. But I loved that place and spent many a night out there.

Saw Foo Fighters on their first UK tour there in 97 although I am pretty sure Dave Grohl isn't a Notts fan so happy we've got Jake amongst our ranks.

Best gig I've seen there was actually The Offspring before they became commercial a couple of years earlier.

Talk about energetic performance.
    Foo Fighters worst band I've seen how opinions differ! When Grohl announced to the entire audience in Perth that he lost his virginity at the age of 13 I was fairly unimpressed as were most of the crowd. Kaiser Chiefs played at the same gig and one of them jumped off the stage and climbed to the top of the strobe lights. Last time I had seen that was a member of Crowded House at Aston Villa Leisure Centre in the early 90's. I love live music.

Classy lol.

If Foo Fighters are the worst band you've ever seen you've been very very fortunate. I've seen some absolutely stinkers that I probably only went to see because I liked one song at the time and many I can't even recall their name just know they were bad or unforgettable.

Foo Fighters weren't anywhere near the best band I saw at Rock City they are just by far and away the biggest the most well known.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Classy lol.

If Foo Fighters are the worst band you've ever seen you've been very very fortunate. I've seen some absolutely stinkers that I probably only went to see because I liked one song at the time and many I can't even recall their name just know they were bad or unforgettable.

Foo Fighters weren't anywhere near the best band I saw at Rock City they are just by far and away the biggest the most well known.
    Wasn't great me duck.

However given how much you like Rock City I remember seeing The Shamen there. My god it was bad.

Saw a lot of good punk bands there back in the day. Certainly a "traditional" gig venue. Acoustics are not too shabby. Toilets are shocking. Great memories. Prefer living in QLD though at my time of life. Enjoyable thread.

After my last trip through Queensland a few years back I don't blame you.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Saw a lot of good punk bands there back in the day. Certainly a "traditional" gig venue.
    That reminds me of the worst case of 'inappropriate dress' I think I've ever seen. Before it became Rock City the venue was called Heart of the Midlands, where people got dressed up in their best clothes and watched cabaret type acts while eating chicken in a basket at their table. This time Hazel O'Connor was the main act, and the dress code was punk gear, safety pins and mohicans. Apart from two couples who obviously weren't aware of the change. The blokes wore dinner jackets and bow ties, and the women long ball gowns. They stood uneasily in the corner for a while, then left without even seeing the support act!

If you want a few memories reawakening, here's a very, very long list of all the acts that have appeared there since 1980:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats...-every-2428261

Public Image Ltd would be the stand-out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Foo Fighters worst band I've seen how opinions differ! When Grohl announced to the entire audience in Perth that he lost his virginity at the age of 13 I was fairly unimpressed as were most of the crowd. Kaiser Chiefs played at the same gig and one of them jumped off the stage and climbed to the top of the strobe lights. Last time I had seen that was a member of Crowded House at Aston Villa Leisure Centre in the early 90's. I love live music.
    I saw Bob Dylan at that Leisure Centre, and The Beatles at the old Elizabethan Rooms then at the Odeon. When I say "saw" I mean just that, couldn't hear a sodding thing apart from John Lennon shouting "Shurrup"!
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 06-11-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast