+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peterborough United v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Not sure the green strip is to blame, as they have been ****e when they played in red 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I can’t believe what I’m witnessing from this club. Player who last season we were swooning over as premier league class who we would get multimillions for are now average league one players, absolutely no confidence at all in them.
    I bring it back to one thing which is always being mentioned and that’s experienced players.
    If we had 2 or 3 experienced players in there I’m sure we’d have be in a different position we’re in now but we’re only fans and what do we know we know nowt.
    But is that really the case because the majority of this squad have a good number of games under their belts now .

Woodrow , Helik , Andersen , Collins , Styles , Morris , Cole , Freiser and Brittain .

An interesting comment on BBS about the players by Robert Goulet. Worth a read. He posted something in August which has turned out to be on the money

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    An interesting comment on BBS about the players by Robert Goulet. Worth a read. He posted something in August which has turned out to be on the money
    Aye he was absolutely spot on even before a ball was even kicked in anger this season .

But is that really the case because the majority of this squad have a good number of games under their belts now .

Woodrow , Helik , Andersen , Collins , Styles , Morris , Cole , Freiser and Brittain .

I still don’t consider them to be seasoned players Apart from maybe Woodrow I was thinking of players with at least 3 seasons at championship level, what I suppose I’m after is leaders which is something we definitely haven’t got

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Who mendud leets the daft sod ! Itwa betta wiem off ,
    MOM ? Hondermark by a mile , an he only laiked 5mins ,
    It's that green strip to blame Acido, wots tha think ?
    Its not my favourite away kit to be honest and we probably won't win a single game in it.
    Why we are even wearing it though, is another argument altogether. 😕

I said last night that we at least need a good performance if its going to be a 0-0.
    Was it good and solid at the back, or was it because they are also garbage like us.
    To be honest this really was a winnable game and its 2 more points thrown away.

I was ok with the starting line up, and if we can at least try to keep that consistent for a run of games, then some better results might come.
    Look at Hull all of a sudden, their win against us was the start of four wins in a row!. 😕

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I said last night that we at least need a good performance if its going to be a 0-0.
    Was it good and solid at the back, or was it because they are also garbage like us.

I was ok with the starting line up, and if we can at least try to keep that consistent for a run of games, then some better results might come.
    Look at Hull all of a sudden, their win against us was the start of four wins in a row!. ��
    I watched it and to be honest it resembled 90 minutes of mediocrity from all the players & the officials , it was division 2 class at its best , I will concede that the conditions were poor & both teams are totally devoid of confidence but I will be amazed if these teams do not meet again next season in division one , the one bright spot was the floodlights going off , at least it broke up the tedium .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post

Look at Hull all of a sudden, their win against us was the start of four wins in a row!. 😕
    We only need another 38 pts from next 26 games ! 78 pts to play for !

Was there anything creative from the Benson & Gomes duo in midfield ?.
    And did any of the front three of Woodrow, Morris, & Cole look threatening in attack ?.
    And did the Helik & Andersen duo look solid in defense ?.
    These are important areas which need to be improved on. And its stating the obvious of course, but if or when they do get better we might have the makings of a team again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast