+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dens Park

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Good if they would I just don't think the ladies for turning.....so to speak.

I think the only reasons the yanks are now here is the possibility of a new stadium no matter how many think it's either pie in the sky or remote chance of going ahead.

I don't think the yanks believe in any possibility of redeveloping Dens......I just look at Killie who really did redevelop and seem (from outside looking in) to be in no worse state than any other club, Motherwell who partially redeveloped and seem to be doing tickety boo

St j, Falkirk, ICT, livvy have had a bit of a mixed bag

You can't compare us to any of the big 5 but there's a few decent comparisons in there

If you ignore st j (as was so long ago) probably st m have made the best fist of moving, didn't move far though.
    St Johnstone got lucky when a person (I think it was a farmer) with the surname McDiarmid donated the land for McDoarmid Stadium as he had made a fortune selling his land for the new western bypass of Perth.
    Mr McDiarmid’s only condition for donating the land free of charge was that the new stadium was named after him hence the reason that it is called McDiarmid Park.

Patrick thistle got a bit lucky with the guy Weir but again partially redeveloped and don't look like they are in a hurry to move

This moving from Dens with not a spade in the ground is worrying.....Clyde, Hamilton, Airdrie, east Stirling all struggled when this happened.....further afield Charlton almost went completely belly up when sharing selhurst.
    You are forgetting about the entrenched rights of the A shares one of which prevents ground sharing of more than a 12 month period.
    The entrenched rights of A shares are listed in Rules 79-82 of the current Dundee Football Club Limited Articles of Association.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    You are forgetting about the entrenched rights of the A shares one of which prevents ground sharing of more than a 12 month period.
    The entrenched rights of A shares are listed in Rules 79-82 of the current Dundee Football Club Limited Articles of Association.
    Tell me Islay.

We move to Arbroath (more likely tannadice) with the promise of no more than a year.

Year comes and goes.....no ground, no Dens, what's the point in A shares then if we are already ground sharing and homeless?

Yanks say we are gone unless it's another year, 2 year or even 3 years.

I can see the A shares stopping us ground sharing in 1st place but once it's happened then I don't see they have much clout .....be like turkeys voting for Xmas

But I'm glad they are they all the same

I just don't like where this is heading as I've mentioned a few times going back over 2 or 3 years

Happy with this thread Rross. Maybe going over the arguments will bring forward a positive decision to stay at Dens? DFCSS still around, club in top division, no grant repayment penalty if Dens is bought by the DFC BoD. Think the 1893 Foundation must have been a pleasant surprise for our owners.
    Try to find compelling business plan that shows tweaking Dens is viable option.

Tell me Islay.

We move to Arbroath (more likely tannadice) with the promise of no more than a year.

Year comes and goes.....no ground, no Dens, what's the point in A shares then if we are already ground sharing and homeless?
    Item 6.7.5 under the Entrenched Rights of the A shares.
    I suggest that you read the Statement of Capital after the allotment of shares on 26th February 2014. https://find-and-update.company-info...history?page=2
    It is on the Companies House website dated 25th April 2014
    Scroll down until you come to the Statement of Capital- A shares under which all the entrenched rights of the A shares are listed.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Happy with this thread Rross. Maybe going over the arguments will bring forward a positive decision to stay at Dens? DFCSS still around, club in top division, no grant repayment penalty if Dens is bought by the DFC BoD. Think the 1893 Foundation must have been a pleasant surprise for our owners.
    Try to find compelling business plan that shows tweaking Dens is viable option.
    I enclose the latest Dundee Football Club Limited annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2020 and suggest that you read
    Item 13 - Operating Leases which lists the rent paid in the current and previous financial years plus the rental payable for the next five years and the outstanding total for the remainder of the Stadium rental period. https://d1ssu070pg2v9i.cloudfront.ne...unt-201920.pdf
    According to the annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2019 the annual rent payable in 2018 was £65k, 2019 was £71k, 2020 was £78k.
    This equates to a total annual rent payable to Sandeman Properties from 2018 -2020 of £214,000.
    Meanwhile Dundee Football Club Limited are still responsible for any repairs and improvements to Dens Park.
    In my opinion this is a ridiculous waste of money which could have been spent on other things such as the player budget if John Nelms had taken up the business case for the buy back of Dens Park.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Had thought that we needed a new stadium to develop new income streams to support the football side. Will go along with you Rross if you can explain what we might do to generate the extra cash. First thing seems to be artificial pitch so that it can be used much more often than a grass one.
    There are currently income streams that the club could greatly improve at present but that is probably best discussed in a separate topic.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Item 6.7.5 under the Entrenched Rights of the A shares.
    I suggest that you read the Statement of Capital after the allotment of shares on 26th February 2014. https://find-and-update.company-info...history?page=2
    It is on the Companies House website dated 25th April 2014
    Scroll down until you come to the Statement of Capital- A shares under which all the entrenched rights of the A shares are listed.
    Yes thanks

I know what's there but what happens if they just ignore it? That's what I'm trying to get at........and only if it's just your opinion I'm interested.

What happens in the scenario I've outlined?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)