+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dover Postponed

Please get promoted this year Notts so we don't have to play teams like Dover anymore.

It's the furthest I've been for a pint.. just leaving and its still pissing it down. 😡

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Please get promoted this year Notts so we don't have to play teams like Dover anymore.
    Even their fans are calling it ''tinpot''.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/dove...off-t8285.html

Feel sorry for the fans who made the trip, but I'd much rather play these poor teams on decent pitches in April than on dodgy surfaces in the middle of winter.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Dover should forfeit the bl**dy game. It is truly a disgrace.
    Now I agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Parmenter and Cleeve, I’d put both in the same bucket of not giving anything they say any credit at all. I’d like to hear Burch’s view on whether the pitch was playable and whether the ref got it right or wrong. For me this totally looks like Dover are at fault for not getting an earlier pitch inspection and Parmenter is just trying to deflect the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Parmenter and Cleeve, I’d put both in the same bucket of not giving anything they say any credit at all. I’d like to hear Burch’s view on whether the pitch was playable and whether the ref got it right or wrong. For me this totally looks like Dover are at fault for not getting an earlier pitch inspection and Parmenter is just trying to deflect the blame.
    I tend to agree, but like I said earlier, don't absolve the officials and league of blame either. Apparently the referee arrived at 12.45pm, but why wasn't a pitch inspection conducted much earlier today, given the known weather situation and the distance away fans were travelling?
    I can remember various instances of past games in the Football League where a local referee was dispatched to the ground either early in the morning or even the previous day to inspect the pitch and save everybody a wasted journey if it was that bad.

Yes of course it's possible that the pitch was genuinely playable at 8am and the heavy rain from 11.30am changed that, but I suspect Dover have winged it in their desperation to get the game on, and nobody from the National League visited the ground early enough to make their own judgement and protect the interests and pockets of travelling fans.

As a previous poster suggested - at best it's a bunch of bungling amateurs, at worst it's a deliberate disregard for travelling supporters.
    Last edited by jackal2; 08-01-2022 at 03:59 PM.

On the plus side that is one more game where Patterson will be available. Maybe 2 if Kings Lynn gets called off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I tend to agree, but like I said earlier, don't absolve the officials and league of blame either. Apparently the referee arrived at 12.45pm, but why wasn't a pitch inspection conducted much earlier today, given the known weather situation and the distance away fans were travelling?
    I can remember various instances of past games in the Football League where a local referee was dispatched to the ground either early in the morning or even the previous day to inspect the pitch and save everybody a wasted journey if it was that bad.

Yes of course it's possible that the pitch was genuinely playable at 8am and the heavy rain from 11.30am changed that, but I suspect Dover have winged it in their desperation to get the game on, and nobody from the National League visited the ground early enough to make their own judgement and protect the interests and pockets of travelling fans.

As a previous poster suggested - at best it's a bunch of bungling amateurs, at worst it's a deliberate disregard for travelling supporters.
    I don’t know for sure but I don’t think the league has the responsibility to organise a local ref, I believe the clubs would usually do that. I also think that a responsibly run club would always call an early inspection if there was any doubt. We don’t know for sure what happened and whether the late rain, which was forecasted, did cause the postponement but whatever happened I would still not trust a word Parmenter says.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast