+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has pw made a mistake

I'm tired of saying it but TS wants one out before one in.
    Maybe something will happen if/when Tilt goes and I certainly hope it will be a striker incoming.

Loan Ladapo out then

Paul Davis
    @paulm_davis
    ·
    17h
    Georgie Kelly, the #rufc striker situation and the possibility of a new signing in another position. Another Millers recruitment update from boss Paul Warne

https://t.co/fIVAZOcw6b

Only on the 1st of Feb will everything become clear,one way or another.The club maybe,and hopefully,are being 'tight lipped' about everything and telling the press nothing.Remember we have fallen foul to saying too much in the press many times before.

To answer the original question, yes it is a mistake

I hope the club have realised in time that this squad will not get a top two finish and if that is what we want then the only option is to invest.

Getting rid of Sadlier would be a mistake in my book, he brings something to that squad nobody else can, he gives us an option to play a number 10 behind Smith and plan B, for some reason our coaching team don't like to do that i think that makes us easier to beat tactically as it is the same every week. Now to be fair to them we have done well with a Plan A only so far, but I feel we have ben found out a bit.

kayode is no where near a league 1 CF, if we do need to let someone go as well as Tilt then it is either Freddie out or Kayode on loan for me, if Sadlier doesnt play on tuesday I think that means he is leaving, we will regret that

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I'm tired of saying it but TS wants one out before one in.
    Maybe something will happen if/when Tilt goes and I certainly hope it will be a striker incoming.
    that’s not what he’s said tho. He’s said funds are available, just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    that’s not what he’s said tho. He’s said funds are available, just that.
    Regardless of Tilt don't we have an empty squad slot?

Maybe transfer funds are available but we've reached the maximum wage pot set by TS, hence the " must loan somebody out" comment

Does anyone on here really expect us to spend serious money on the obviously needed striker (or anyone else for that matter) ? Think we'll all be considerably deflated at the end of the transfer window when our promotion ambitions may have been irreparably damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Regardless of Tilt don't we have an empty squad slot?

Maybe transfer funds are available but we've reached the maximum wage pot set by TS, hence the " must loan somebody out" comment
    where did TS say this? That was not what he said in his interview before the Accrington match

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Loan Ladapo out then

Paul Davis
    @paulm_davis
    ·
    17h
    Georgie Kelly, the #rufc striker situation and the possibility of a new signing in another position. Another Millers recruitment update from boss Paul Warne

https://t.co/fIVAZOcw6b
    I don’t like to think Smith’s going to play Tuesday give the lad a rest,out of all the team he’s the one we need the most.So it looks like Ladapo being here is holding up our transfer business.And why talk to Kelly if we can’t offer him a deal I don’t understand that one.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 24-01-2022 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    where did TS say this? That was not what he said in his interview before the Accrington match
    TS didn't

It's a PW comment in the link Paul Davis put up

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast