+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Embarassing

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Westwood is a workhorse.He needs replacing with a creative midfield talisman who can also score.I said it in January when we missed out on Orsic that he was the key to survival more so than Weghorst.
    Don’t know if you watched the game CIB but all they did was move Kante s position and allow him more freedom , by the time we realised what had happend James was sitting Mcneil down and scoring for them and after that we just couldn’t deal with the shape or runs of the opposition,

We are a team of honest footballers but playing at a level above where we are capable at the minute - I’m going to say though the manager is the same , he doesn’t see or chooses not to what happens on the park our situation is perilous as we know we can’t score enough goals and we’re built around not conceding many so why not alter the shape to try and rectify a blatant problem that we have as a squad.

I bet if you go back several years and read my posts regarding shape and lack of tactical awareness I’d be saying the same thing - something along the lines of Dyche needs to learn about reactions to opposing teams shape and movement- 8 years on and we’re still on about the same things - yes the squad got older and he hasn’t had as much backing as we’d all like but her it is BUT - we still take the crap 2 yard throwing more often than not - we still never change shape to stop the opposition getting up a head of steam and going in front - we still have wide players that narrow play and go back towards our full backs ( I can only think to hold hands ) when we should be stretching the oppositions defence - we still have two players over corners and set pieces all the time so we’re a man down in the critical areas when the ball is delivered- Westwood and Mcneil mostly do this a lot.
    We still kick aimless high balls to an isolated striker and concede possession to the opposition an awful lot , we still let runners off the back of us and hope the defence deals with it ( which it does for the main part ).

Rant over

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Don’t know if you watched the game CIB but all they did was move Kante s position and allow him more freedom , by the time we realised what had happend James was sitting Mcneil down and scoring for them and after that we just couldn’t deal with the shape or runs of the opposition,

We are a team of honest footballers but playing at a level above where we are capable at the minute - I’m going to say though the manager is the same , he doesn’t see or chooses not to what happens on the park our situation is perilous as we know we can’t score enough goals and we’re built around not conceding many so why not alter the shape to try and rectify a blatant problem that we have as a squad.

I bet if you go back several years and read my posts regarding shape and lack of tactical awareness I’d be saying the same thing - something along the lines of Dyche needs to learn about reactions to opposing teams shape and movement- 8 years on and we’re still on about the same things - yes the squad got older and he hasn’t had as much backing as we’d all like but her it is BUT - we still take the crap 2 yard throwing more often than not - we still never change shape to stop the opposition getting up a head of steam and going in front - we still have wide players that narrow play and go back towards our full backs ( I can only think to hold hands ) when we should be stretching the oppositions defence - we still have two players over corners and set pieces all the time so we’re a man down in the critical areas when the ball is delivered- Westwood and Mcneil mostly do this a lot.
    We still kick aimless high balls to an isolated striker and concede possession to the opposition an awful lot , we still let runners off the back of us and hope the defence deals with it ( which it does for the main part ).

Rant over
    Against Chelsea you need to go 5-3-2. Simples.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Against Chelsea you need to go 5-3-2. Simples.
    We could go 4-5-1 BT because we don’t get midfield near enough to the forwards in most cases anyway.
    It’s hard against a Chelsea but we simply bludgeon on regardless if it works or not.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    We could go 4-5-1 BT because we don’t get midfield near enough to the forwards in most cases anyway.
    It’s hard against a Chelsea but we simply bludgeon on regardless if it works or not.
    For the whole time SD has been in charge I have only actually seen us deviate from 4-4-2 once army88. He went 4-5-1 at Selhurst Park in a game we won 2-0.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)