+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game Over

Quote Originally Posted by doggert View Post
    Attachment 21337
    According to transfermarkt SD has a contract to summer 2025. If our wish is fulfilled and he does get sacked, then he must be compensated. SD is on what £50k p/w? From what I've read (sorry, don't have a link) he is one of the top earnes at the club. If that number is true, then he will have to be compensated for three years. That's 50k x 4weeks x 36 months = £7,2m... That is if the parties won't come to an mutual agreement. Whatever that means.

Is my thinking right?
    I’ve renewed my season ticket either way so if he’s here he’s here but it’s going to be a very interesting closed season, because we have alot of players who simply can’t stay regardless if we manage to stay in this league ( it’s worse if we do survive really ) as we need to find several first team players to be able to even compete in this league which based on our previous recruitment simply won’t happen - if you add to that the fact monetary terms it’s 75-100 million pounds on players - I can’t see how we can do this.
    I’ve said before that maybe it’s better we do go down and start again - sell some assets and try to re. Build over a season or two.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I’ve renewed my season ticket either way so if he’s here he’s here but it’s going to be a very interesting closed season, because we have alot of players who simply can’t stay regardless if we manage to stay in this league ( it’s worse if we do survive really ) as we need to find several first team players to be able to even compete in this league which based on our previous recruitment simply won’t happen - if you add to that the fact monetary terms it’s 75-100 million pounds on players - I can’t see how we can do this.
    I’ve said before that maybe it’s better we do go down and start again - sell some assets and try to re. Build over a season or two.
    Some players can and will probably be upgraded from U18-23 to senior. It is reasonable to imagine that we will get 50m+ for player-sales (McNeil? Taylor? Cornet? Weghorst?) + the 40m+ parachute, even if that won't necessarily fill the gap with loss of the PL-funds.
    Regardless of the above, I agree with you, sir. We need to rebuild and bring in youth into the team. With the traning-facilities we have, it could and should tempt some talent to Lancashire. The only reasonable way to attract youth that will get minutes is probably in the Championship and with a new manager. Despite talking so fondly of investing in the future and the youth, the only player that has established himself in the senior squad is McNeil.. Not a convincing base or foundation for showing faith in youth.

Quote Originally Posted by doggert View Post
    Some players can and will probably be upgraded from U18-23 to senior. It is reasonable to imagine that we will get 50m+ for player-sales (McNeil? Taylor? Cornet? Weghorst?) + the 40m+ parachute, even if that won't necessarily fill the gap with loss of the PL-funds.
    Regardless of the above, I agree with you, sir. We need to rebuild and bring in youth into the team. With the traning-facilities we have, it could and should tempt some talent to Lancashire. The only reasonable way to attract youth that will get minutes is probably in the Championship and with a new manager. Despite talking so fondly of investing in the future and the youth, the only player that has established himself in the senior squad is McNeil.. Not a convincing base or foundation for showing faith in youth.
    posted many weeks back doggert that it must be demoralising for our youth as I can’t see them getting a fair go under Dyche.
    We sent Narte to Mansfield, I think he came from Chelsea academy- he’ll never get a fair chance - if we don’t believe he’s good enough why is here

Appologies for mentioning a topic that has allready been discussed. A confirmation that more and more fans are seing the same pattern.

Everton won... not good news

Just posted the same in a new thread, the footballing gods are not with us.

Game over.

Leeds come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 at Wolves

That's the final nail in the Burnley coffin.😪

Don’t think the players or SD would agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Leeds come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 at Wolves

That's the final nail in the Burnley coffin.��
    A win totally aided and abetted by the ineptitude of Kevin Friend who managed to give Jimnenez a second yellow for a 50/50 challemge with a keeper some 20 yards out of his area!
    Added time of 8 minimum minutes, two of which were taken up by Leeds celebrating a goal, a further minute taken up sorting out a fracas on the touchline when a Leeds coach was cautioned. Final whistle blown right on 98 minutes!

I praised him for his officiating at the West Brom v Fulham match in midweek, however, back in the PL tonight he was nothing short of shambolic!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)