+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team Vs Grimsby

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I think Nemane could be useful on the bench if we need to up the pace late on.
    Has his ban been served yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I’ll be surprised if it’s not as follows….

……………………..Slocombe

………….Brindley…..Lacey………Cameron

Richardson…………Palmer……………Chicksen
    ……………Roberts…………O’Brien

……………….Wootton…..Rodrigues
    yep, reckon IB will go with this

getting Brinds, Cameron & O'B back for these play off games is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Has his ban been served yet?
    You are quite right, I got this wrong.
    He will be available for the final.

I think IB will go-
    Brindley Cameron Chicksen
    Richardson Palmer OB Kelly-Evans
    Roberts Ruben
    Wootton

I think he likes Cameron in the centre and DKE offers a bit more bite and cover when Chicksen pushes forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Same side for me with the exception of Chickson for Taylor.
    Maybe I can fall in line with this as well, but take the long route to get there!

I think the Wing-back positions have been Notts' main Achilles Heel this season (just pipping being one short in midfield and the injuries to the captain). The club decided on 3-5-2 as the main system and then realised they didn't have the wing-backs to play it...a bit like deciding to cook Chicken Kiev when you're clean out of chicken.

I haven't seen enough of them recently, but from what I have seen I'd mark the 'wing-backs' we have like this

Richardson as RWB 8 - the real deal, pity he's not our player

Taylor as LWB 5.5 - looks the part, gets forward regularly, and up and down the line, comfortable in possession, but fails to convert this into impactful moments (no goals, low assists, mistakes at the back) too much of what is does has been without conviction.

Chicksen as LWB 4 - gets a nose bleed over the halfway line, is a real fish out of water there. Can be counted on for just the odd good attacking moment. Trusting your attack down one side of the pitch to a defender is nuts. But this is no knock on Chicks. He's proven himself as a great RCB and RB, but expecting him to be a rampaging winger as well is just asking too much. If he could do that on top of everything else, he wouldn't be plying his trade in the NL.

DKE as LWB 4 - similar to Chicksen, but more willing to get forward and offers good energy. Obviously on the wrong side of the pitch here. Fails to convert his efforts into goals/assists, mainly through losing composure and lacking confidence in the final third. Is a threat to us when on a yellow card. (DKE is strong as a straight RB, think all agree on that)

That's why I went for Taylor. But who is the best player of the 3? I'd say Chicksen. So go with him and slide the back unit over for a lot of the game and just let Richo loose. Maybe that makes us a bit unbalanced and too right-sided, but not a big issue if we fall into this for some of parts of the game. Letting Ruben roam centrally, coming deeper sometimes. Letting Cal roam all across the front line, sometimes combining with Richo from the right, sometimes giving balance on the left.

..................Slocombe
    .Brindley Lacey Cameron Chicksen
    ...........Palmer....O'Brien
    Richardson..Rodrigues......Roberts
    .................Wootton

Could play Cameron at LWB and Chicksen at LCB. Cameron always looks good going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Could play Cameron at LWB and Chicksen at LCB. Cameron always looks good going forward.
    What are our opposition like in the air? Any big lads who are good aerially? If so we need Cameron in the centre IMO.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast