+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ruben

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I’m not certain Ruben would qualify for a work permit for another UK club if he left Notts.
    He could have already applied for settled status here, he was in the UK in time.

If he leaves it will be for a lot of money probably the biggest transfer fee we have got for a first team regular in decades and the money will be reinvested in the squad. In addition he won't go to anyone in this division. I don't see why there is any concern we can only win really. Win if he stays and win if he leaves. Our direct competitors will never win from him. It is the perfect strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    You sign Rúben, you change your style. It's that simple.
    That is anything but simple, one player doesn't change the style of a team

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Agree, it'd be a shockingly uncompetitive thing to do.

Wrexham will survey their opposition for autos next season and identify Notts as their main threat and Ruben as the top reason why. Fix that and they fix the season ahead. It'd be unforgivable really.
    Depends if the money is reinvested back into the squad. If for arguments sake we got £500k and on the back went and got a marquee striker, CM and LWB, does that not make us overall stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Depends if the money is reinvested back into the squad. If for arguments sake we got £500k and on the back went and got a marquee striker, CM and LWB, does that not make us overall stronger?
    they have said SEVERAL times that money from transfers will be reinvested in the squad. He wouldn't be able to leave for less than 3 or 400k. It's not worth it. Probably more. We are sorted with this whatever happens as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    they have said SEVERAL times that money from transfers will be reinvested in the squad. He wouldn't be able to leave for less than 3 or 400k. It's not worth it. Probably more. We are sorted with this whatever happens as far as I am concerned.
    It's not as straight forwards as that though is it?

Are the players we'd want available? Can we get them in before the start of the season...many factors to consider

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    That is anything but simple, one player doesn't change the style of a team
    It was said (part) tongue in cheek.

Although you break the bank to bring in such a (NL) high profile player who last season fully delivered you better do some adapting or you are going to criminally underutilize him.

Personally I dearly hope Rodders isn't going anywhere and any future bids received are turned down. I'm hopeful that the vast majority of this is purely rumours and internet chatter. One thing is very apparent the #radar works in this regard.

This whole debate got me thinking about the club's current recruitment, considering as well that we are after all a non-league club, compared to our L1 squad from 2013/14.

Some very good names in this squad and a whole load of dross too. Whilst I enjoyed watching the likes of Bart, Sheehan, Grealish, McGregor etc it probably actually marked the start of the decline. Not everyone will be happy with players we've signed, or where players go, but at least we have some sort of structure and identity as a club again.

Name:  2013-14.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  8.9 KB

From UTM's website.
    Last edited by ncfcog; 29-06-2022 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Missed off a credit for source

We'd get nowhere near £300k for him he only has one year on his contract.

We'd get around £100-150k tops but we'd never know as it would be "undisclosed" fee.

Hopefully he stays.

And that's the beauty of it , other clubs know we don't need to sell, and certainly don't need to for £150K or less.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast