+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cedwyn Scott

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Is it? Looks like they are both definitely operating in the league below.

Unless we are now considering L2 as the same standard as the National League? Then yes it's "about the same standard" aka not as good a standard.
    Many of our new players have come from that division. So, the difference between the two are incalculable... But I'm off to Gateshead soon so will let you know if there are any significant differences in the standard [QUOTE]

Incalculable? Ok.

Not sure why we bother with having different leagues and league tables seeing as it's incalculable.

Safe travels and give them a cheer for me, but make sure you don't fall into the trap of making a premature judgement and a definitive statement based on just 90 mins of football.

Of the 320 non-league clubs in steps 1-4 Notts currently have the 3rd highest ELO rating. Fylde actually have the joint highest 'Step 2' rating with Brackley Town which puts them 16th highest.

1. Solihull - 1884
    2. Wrexham - 1868
    3. Notts - 1850
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    13. Gateshead - 1757
    16. AFC Fylde - 1708
    16. Brackley Town - 1708

A description of what ELO ratings are can be found here . . . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...ll_Elo_Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Of the 320 non-league clubs in steps 1-4 Notts currently have the 3rd highest ELO rating.
    I think we're heading for a showdown.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Of the 320 non-league clubs in steps 1-4 Notts currently have the 3rd highest ELO rating. Fylde actually have the joint highest 'Step 2' rating with Brackley Town which puts them 16th highest.

1. Solihull - 1884
    2. Wrexham - 1868
    3. Notts - 1850
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    13. Gateshead - 1757
    16. AFC Fylde - 1708
    16. Brackley Town - 1708

A description of what ELO ratings are can be found here . . . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...ll_Elo_Ratings
    Thanks Richard

A stat for all seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    We need to get Cedwyn Scott and Macauley Langstaff on the pitch together, quickly. They formed an effective partnership at Gateshead and the last thing we need is one of them getting frustrated and disillusioned by being a substitute all the time. If that means tweaking the formation a little, then do it.
    Spot on, anything else is nuts.

And for what? To accommodate Adam Chicksen as our dashing, left winger? The sooner we have Scott alongside Langstaff the better.

Chicks should get zero criticism for anything connected to playing left wing-back btw. He's an excellent defensive player. It's just ridiculous to me that the coaching staff ask him to carry the attack for us down the left.

Incalculable? Ok.

Not sure why we bother with having different leagues and league tables seeing as it's incalculable.

Safe travels and give them a cheer for me, but make sure you don't fall into the trap of making a premature judgement and a definitive statement based on just 90 mins of football.
    Well having witnessed that load of rubbish, i think its fair to say that on the night the ex Conference North outfit were better than our established prima donna side....Unfortunately after listening to the managers after match comments, i wondered what game he was watching. Very concerning......

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Well having witnessed that load of rubbish, i think its fair to say that on the night the ex Conference North outfit were better than our established prima donna side....Unfortunately after listening to the managers after match comments, i wondered what game he was watching. Very concerning......
    "On the night" sounds like a fair and common assessment. So many managers fall into this trap in post match interviews, it's incredibly common at Meadow Lane.

I hope we get the same level of honesty from LW as we did from IB.

"On the night" sounds like a fair and common assessment. So many managers fall into this trap in post match interviews, it's incredibly common at Meadow Lane.

I hope we get the same level of honesty from LW as we did from IB.
    LW looked lost for words when being put on the spot by Charlie. His best response was to say that "we keep practising". If we dont do the business against Chesterfield on Saturday then he is going to be in for a rough ride..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    LW looked lost for words when being put on the spot by Charlie. His best response was to say that "we keep practising". If we dont do the business against Chesterfield on Saturday then he is going to be in for a rough ride..
    Imagine that a 'rough ride' from the fans after just 4 games in charge!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast