+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

It's always a bonus when you score early on, and we had to be strong when they countered in the first half, but i really thought there was only one side in it in the second half, we looked like scoring every time we attacked them.
    The new players fitted in well, we looked far more secure with a back 4, and managed to score 4 goals with a lone striker.
    For all their possession they didn't cause many problems and i thought they looked very dodgy at the back.
    Match was helped by decent officials too, only one booking for Basil and you couldn't argue with that, though he should have booked their bloke shortly after when he stopped Oggy, but heyho.
    I have been feeling very depressed lately football wise but this has cheered me up no end.
    Great to see players celebrating together, with Viking running length of the pitch to join in, lets hope that "trouble in camp" has been put to bed,
    Johansson. Solid performance, did all he had to do well, glad he's signed up.
    Peltier, Still not convinced, can't see why we would play him when we have Wes on the bench.
    Morrison. Immense, brought experience and composure to the back four, welcome Seam, i hope it's a very happy spell for you and us.
    Humphreys. Again composed, uses the ball well reads the game well, glad we signed him, class defender.
    Hjelde. Nice to see a left back playing as a left back, did well, got caught for pace a couple of times, but he will only get better.
    Odoffin. Nice to see more of him, took the goal well, battled well and gave us a bit of bite and stature in midfield.
    Barlaser. I disagree slightly Harpo i thought he was largely missing today, is his mind not here but further north, I'd like him to be more involved as he is class when he moves the ball well.
    Rathbone. Cracking performance, lovely goal and never gave them a second, i thought his booking was inevitable though.
    Ogbene. Again caused then issues, won quite a lot of ball in the air, better playing wider, he is our main threat and will be missed if he goes.
    Ferguson. We missed him while he was injured, clever footballer nice to see him score, should have had another though when he didn't shoot early enough.
    Washington. Deserved his goal for all the hard work he put in up front on his own. Constantly caused their defence problems by getting in behind them. Took his goal well.

Most of all i'm please for Taylor, after all the S~~t that has been floated about during the last couple of weeks or so. I back him fully and hope he manages to succeed and keep us up this season. It will be a real achievement. His tactics today we're spot on. Our former manager usually liked to sit back on a 1-0 lead against such teams, now that would have caused problems to my finger nails.
    UTM

Blackburn fan.
    "That **** in the Alice band is boiling my piss"

our previous manager wouldnt have signed morrison and if he did he would be saying not match fit and keep play wood

Difference between Taylor and Warne

For the goal from the corner Warne would off said its a good goal and made a joke

Taylor in his interveiw said it was fatigue as it was meant to go to the far post.

Credit to Morrison for lasting 80 having been out for a year.
    Ollie phenomenal.
    Viktor deserved a clean sheet given his performances over the course of the season, and again in a couple of key moments today.
    A back four that many have wanted and feel suits us, not horribly exposed down the wings for once.
    Good moments from Hjelde, inexperienced and eager in other parts.
    Delighted for Washington, he does have a finish in him, just rarely gets a chance.

Massive answer to the critics of MT. Cannot underestimate how crucial confidence is. Can make up for many shortfalls. UTM!

I did predict a flat back 4 and we looked so much better.
    Very good team performance today.
    Can we now drop this rubbish that MT isn’t good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    I did predict a flat back 4 and we looked so much better.
    Very good team performance today.
    Can we now drop this rubbish that MT isn’t good enough.
    We have been screaming out for a back 4 for years. Well done for MT for changing the formation. It also allows Cheio to play on the wing which is his best position and gives us an outlet when under pressure. Get a big lad up front and we can survive this season.

Ollie MOM.

Much, much better today. Team meetings clearly worked after the last game and that's a good thing as the air clearly looks to have cleared and all players seem to have wanted it today.

Formation gave us better balance and gave us some more aggression and pressing up front.

We need to build on this.

Both new signings did well, looked like they had been here since the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Get well soon lad
    Thank you.

Hudders manage to blow it in injury time at Hull So 4 point gap between us and bottom 3 now, A decent day all round I would say.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast