+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scott out 'for the foreseeable future'

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...injury-300823/

Not good news. A very short and rather vague statement that suggests it'll be a while before we see him again.
    Such a shame. Cedwyn Scott is such an underrated player, mainly because of the amazing feats of Langstaff. He's still young, so I hope he comes back fully recovered, in which case I'd give him a new contract in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Not sure if we’re that well covered - we have Morias, who has played about 30 minutes’ football in six months. I’d hate a player with recent injury problems to be our only option.
    He had played virtually a full season with D & R before signing for us.

I wouldn't write him off at present - I'm sure LW knows whether he is up to it physically.

That said, if the right player came available I would want us to strengthen.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Not sure if we’re that well covered - we have Morias, who has played about 30 minutes’ football in six months. I’d hate a player with recent injury problems to be our only option.
    Got McGoldrick as well to be fair who we’re playing deeper but has mostly played right up top during his career, and then plenty of options to cover him in those number ten positions.

Think with three strikers available strengthening the deeper central midfield positions is still a bigger priority with only JOB covering both Palmer and Bostock.

Well at least that will mean DM playing every game.... Its amazing how these coincidences seem to happen at the right time..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Well at least that will mean DM playing every game.... Its amazing how these coincidences seem to happen at the right time..
    What on earth are you on about?

That comment requires further explanation...

If he's fit, McGoldrick would be playing every game anyway if I was picking the team. Really disappointed by the injury to Scott, he would be a great option off the bench but wouldn't make my starting eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    I’d try being in now someone proven on 12 month deal somebody like Connor Wickham as Morias can’t be relied on injury wise.
    Not a bad shout there, unfortunately his injury record is absolutely apauling but if he's fit and raring to go then it would be a decent punt

Sad for Cedwyn Scott to have suffered an injury that's going to keep him out a while. If anyone deserved to be playing league football it's him after scoring the penalty that took us back to the football league.

It's such a shame that he carried on after initially getting injured on Saturday and that's got to be testament to the kind of character and players we have that they will continue to soldier on for the cause. I remember at the time thinking if you are going to stay on please walk around, don't make it worse.

It's been a bit of a kick in the teeth so far this season with the injury to Scott and Bajrami. I guess we were fortunate last season that no key players were out for a long time. Let's not forget or write off Will Randall or Junior Morais. They may have had set backs but we've not seen anything of them yet.

In terms of players coming in then I'd imagine it will only be if they are the right kind of player or on the radar. I'd probably expect to see a loan or two from a higher level rather than a transfer deadline day signing as it doesn't seem to be how we operate these days as we do our transfer business early. But we shall see what the next week brings.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    What on earth are you on about?
    Durham has this individual view that McGoldrick isn’t good enough as Bostock wasn’t and Nemane isn’t …oh sorry he also loves Scott (although that’s not a bad shout)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast