+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    So glad you're around to say these things, Swale. I know you write it as a poster and not a moderator but you do a bloody good job at checking the misinformation on here
    Yes. At times the things that people deny and arrive at conspiracy theories is mind-numbing.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    If I were you enjoy the large onions and your family mate. Cheers QP.
    Thank you QP, I'm enjoying both as usual, especially this fine specimen:

It weighed in at 1.56 Kg or 3lb 7oz in old money. I've grown a couple of bigger ones, but this is the most aesthetically beautiful. Perfectly proportioned, and curves in all the right places. It's been a variable summer over here, but generally quite good for growing. Just a hobby for me, but when crops fail due to extreme weather in places like Africa it becomes literally a matter of life and death.

But some won't care, because they're Africans.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Yes. At times the things that people deny and arrive at conspiracy theories is mind-numbing.
    Well said mate. Yes, the truth's taken a battering with the likes of Trump and Johnson - but it's based on taking people for fools and most people aren't!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    But some won't care, because they're Africans.
    What a ridiculous thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

I'd get your right testicle checked out - something's not quite right there

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    What a ridiculous thing to say.
    I wish it was. They are a small and diminishing minority, but they definitely exist.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I'd get your right testicle checked out - something's not quite right there
    Funny you should say that, I went to the doctor and told him the left one had shrunk.

I'm surprised your missus doesn't buy you some trimming scissors for the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    6,918,076 deaths to date would make me consider the Covid-19 pandemic (I presume you meant that one) fairly serious.
    Genuine question; does anyone know of a person that died directly due to Covid?
    I know of 4 people that died (my grandad being one) and were stated as a Covid death, purely because they had Covid when they died. It played no part in them dying!
    My grandad had terminal cancer and was 6 months past the doctors estimated life expectancy. He went into hospital when he took a turn for the worst. He died 5 days later and was classed as a Covid death.
    He tested negative when he first arrived at the hospital and was tested again after he passed away!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Genuine question; does anyone know of a person that died directly due to Covid?
    Impossible to put a specific number on it but the fact that average deaths worldwide jumped markedly during Covid should tell you something.

What we knew very early is that those most at risk were the elderly with underlying medical conditions. That's why it was criminal to allow untested people back into care homes, where the vast majority who lived there were the elderly with underlying medical conditions. A lot of them probably didn't have a lot of time left, but they didn't need to die before their time.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast