+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Swift

This very much reminds me of the time we were going to be taken over by Mark Knopfler and Jet from Gladiators

Next they will be suggesting we are getting a former England manager as D of F.

Oh, hang on ...........

To be fair, I am sure she could attract lots of attention and be more interesting in interviews. Who has more dosh, Taylor or Bros? Not sure she likes black and white stripes though, so that's a bit of a worry. Could be something pink and fluffy for us.

Arguably, there's no greater story in football than Watford's rise from the 4th tier to top flight runners up, which was kick started by a global pop sensation, but Elton John was a life long supporter of that club - his father having taken him to Vicarage Road - and Graham Taylor was absolutely key and a one off in the game.

It's a fun story that won't do us any harm, but even if we were desperate with either Trew or Hardy still in charge, I'd have my concerns about this one. Be interesting though to see if she gets linked with another club and something actually comes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Jake Bugg wouldn't be pleased. I heard he was thinking of taking Notts over a few years ago, along with Frank Zappa. Soft of a Bugg/Zappa partnership.
    They wanted to change the name to Gnats County.

No idea if there's any truth to this, but I hope not. The bros are the best owners we've ever had, and I love the way they've gone about things with quiet dignity and zero ego. I'd hate for us to become some pimped up celebrity toy and base our identity around social media engagement and Hollywood endorsements.

No offence Wrexham, of course

Just think how interesting next seasons kit could be!

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Heard that Kylie Minogue also interested - must be a new fashion thing in the US . (Or it could just be the daily sport!)
    Both mentioned would reduce the height of the team . We need someone like Beyonce Knowles to deal with corners .

The media attention she'd bring alone would dwarf that of wrexhams owners.

She's dating a NFL player and the media are all over it. It is over shadowing the game and she isn't even involved with the club.

As much as I'd love to have that money behind us it would become a circus and unsustainable.

In the bros we trust all the way

I'm looking forward to the NCM fund-raising concert with our very own Cher.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast