+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Hosham

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Let me congratulate Hosham on a magnificent performance and result , fair play to em for coming up here against a strong Barnsley team and scoring three goals .

Well we've really c@cked that well and truly up , now we face a replay which will no doubt be selected for live tv coverage under huge pressure .

It's the FA cup and it happens and long may it continue too although I ain't so happy it's against ourselves but I'm sure you take my point .
    PR SPIN….” We are in the draw for the second round” Book your tickets!….. one game away from an away at the Emirates!

Collins said keeping the momentum going is more important than the fa cup
    they did that alright let another 3 goals in at home

A superb night for HOSHAM. 👍
    I hope they enjoy their long journey back home, back to err, where is Hosham by the way ?. 😆

Yes congratulations to Horsham .

Heres what the managers had to say BBC Sport:

Barnsley head coach Neill Collins told BBC Radio Sheffield:

"It's quite clear to anyone who was here that the performance was nowhere near good enough. I didn't see some of the individual performances coming. I'm still learning about the group. We're still trying to get momentum and a habit of winning, and I thought I picked a team to do that.

"There weren't many positives but we're still in the hat and Fabio was excellent. You can have a slight off night but we went from one extreme to the other, in terms of some really basic errors. There were some really poor mistakes for their goals. It seemed to just be a domino effect that ran through the whole game. We couldn't get ourselves going.

"We got back in front at 3-2. We should have made it four and moved on quickly. Instead, we lose another goal and it quickly becomes a storyline we didn't want. We lacked quality, we didn't do the basics well enough, we missed chances and gave up. Their goalkeeper was in inspired form but it comes down to quality - we should be punishing them."

Horsham manager Dominic Di Paola:

"You could see at the end, I don't think there was anyone without cramp. For us to put in that performance, away from home against a side as good as them, is just incredible.

"There's been a bit of controversy around the FA stuff and there's been some issues here. I noticed there wasn't any police, which is quite ironic considering that was the reason the game was supposedly moved [from Saturday to Friday night].

"I do feel that justice has been done. I never understood the decision in the first place.

"It's just so pleasing that we can bring them back to our place. We can bring the town out and be allowed to let our supporters actually watch us in such a high-profile game."

As long as we win the replay, I repeat as long as we win the replay, I thought it was a great result.

A great result for the "magic of the FA Cup".

A great result for the players of Horsham, who will remember this game for the rest of their lives.

A great result for Horsham fans, forced to make that journey on a Friday night

A great result for the Horsham club and its finances with a replay in front of their own fans, possible TV income

Mr Collins, saying, "We didn't do the basics well enough" and "We gave up" is all very well but isn't that your job to sort out.

Really pleased for Horsham.

Collins hasnt got it.

Get shut now.

I'm sticking to judging Collins on our league campaign , last night is typical FA Cup and long may it continue .

It's gone on for 150 years and nobody can really explain it but this competition continues to produce these kind of results .

Besides we didn't get knocked out either , I fully expect us to progress to the next round .

I'm more alarmed by Collins comments after the game than the actual result itself .

If your still learning about these players in November and you are the HC then it doesn't bode well in my opinion .

Our second string, with plenty to prove would have towed their tripe out.last night, and probably won.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm sticking to judging Collins on our league campaign , last night is typical FA Cup and long may it continue .

It's gone on for 150 years and nobody can really explain it but this competition continues to produce these kind of results .

Besides we didn't get knocked out either , I fully expect us to progress to the next round .

I'm more alarmed by Collins comments after the game than the actual result itself .

If your still learning about these players in November and you are the HC then it doesn't bode well in my opinion .
    That is exactly my opinion too.

He doesnt know who his best full backs are and makes the predictable substitutions every match at the same point in the game. Talk about showing the opposition your hand!

Its the same with the front men, swapping and changing too often not developing an understanding and partnership between those on the field.

Comments after the game probably honest but quite shocking at the same time.

I hope Im wrong about the guy but im not impressed so far despite the league position. Im sure the guy selects a team based on his assessment of the opposition but there is just no consistency and some of the changes look knee jerk rather than tactical or based on performance.

Why are we continuing to play our most experienced full back at centre half? McCarthy has been fit for several weeks now and hasnt even appeared in a league squad but has played in the cup games. Doesnt seem to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    That is exactly my opinion too.

He doesnt know who his best full backs are and makes the predictable substitutions every match at the same point in the game. Talk about showing the opposition your hand!

Its the same with the front men, swapping and changing too often not developing an understanding and partnership between those on the field.

Comments after the game probably honest but quite shocking at the same time.

I hope Im wrong about the guy but im not impressed so far despite the league position. Im sure the guy selects a team based on his assessment of the opposition but there is just no consistency and some of the changes look knee jerk rather than tactical or based on performance.

Why are we continuing to play our most experienced full back at centre half? McCarthy has been fit for several weeks now and hasnt even appeared in a league squad but has played in the cup games. Doesnt seem to make sense.
    Whilst we are in the top 6 he's going to be alright with the ownership .

The stats point to a better start to the season than last .

It's a better start than last season and yet I was way more convinced by Duff than I possibly ever will be with Collins .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast