+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leicester City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    There’s a few comments on here about lack of effort and couldn’t be bothered from our players
    That’s really not fair.
    We had effort and desire in abundance today
    They were patient and their quality eventually shone through after 60 mins

We were beaten by players who had infinitely more skill, movement, agility and know how. Nothing to do with a lack of effort or desire

So if some fans are going to sling mud then at least get your facts straight
    Yes there has been an increase in effort in the last few games but the damage has already been done.

Plus some of the lazier ones were out injured

We can moan and groan about it all, but
    we were always going to struggle in this
    league even with a fully fit squad,
    but without the talent that is in the sick bay
    we have no chance.
    A fit Humphreys and Blackett and a willing
    trying Cafu would give us a chance of getting
    some points but I'd have doubted it today.
    Valiant effort in the first half and the first goal
    was my fault, as the clock ticked on
    I thought at 59 minutes 30 seconds if
    we can hold out to 60 we may have a chance
    So blame me.
    Plus points were Tehei played well and Morrison
    looked to be more like he was last season.
    But our ball retention is pityful and
    This puts more pressure on.
    I must admit I'm not enjoying watching this season
    I care too much and it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    The only bet worth having is will we beat the points total set in the Stubbs year?

Got a feeling Richardson will be gone by next October.
    It can be argued that this is more disappointing than the Stubbs year because there was so much hype and talk this Summer about a ''different direction'' and recruiting ''proper'' Championship players who are ''at the level''.I could real off quote after quote but the top and bottom of it is that we were going to be a sustainable Championship club under the guidance of Matt Taylor. On that basis it has been a total disaster. On another note....Leam Richardson hasn't done anything wrong,but yet again he hasn't done anything right.He's hardly set the club alight since he moved in. I guess there's always the future!

It's my own fault watching it. I even predicted the correct result,(5 points on sky six,).
    Today really did show the difference in top and bottom. Don't think Foxes played particularly well. All their chances seemed to come from our errors, of which there was many. Again, I feel sorry for the players, plenty of work , but a failure to pass accurately over five yards stood out a mile.
    Roll on May. Merry Christmas everyone.

Unbelievable load of crap being said on here, we were well organised and if it wasn't for a couple of mistakes we kept a very good team quiet. Our players did ok and they did try those two wingers are the best in the league, our fullbacks kept them quiet for 60 mins. As to what is the point for god's sake, it is football you have good and bad times we are having a bad season but we will have good ones again.

MT gambled on the sick notes. It failed. He wont be picking my lottery numbers that is for sure.

I'm not sure how easy it will be to get rid of the likes of MOrrison, Ayala, Hall and Peltier in Jan, WE must do all can to do it tho. Get spme young fit lads in from the lower divisions even if a bit raw. Nowt to lose now. Build the squad next year on Nombe, Oddofin, Jesus, Lyndsey, Humphries. Viktor will go. Use the money wisely.

Try to offload Hugill. Strangely I think Eaves might be ok in league 1. I would prefer to keep him more than Hugill.

Richardson can only pick a team from the players available to him but tactics and formation are on him.
    Playing 10 players behind the ball is suicide. Clearances come back as fast as they went, pressure is invited and against teams like Leicester the inevitable is going to happen sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    A combination of bad luck, bad recruitment and occasionally bad refereeing

But mostly self inflicted wounds by a set of “ can’t be arsed” players
    It's easier to criticise the players than the previous manager.

If I reflect on the time I've been watching Rotherham (going back to Pete Madden in the late 50s) I think I would have more defenders in my 'happy memories' bank than attackers. Particularly centre halves (as they used to be called).

The departure of Woody seems to have brought an era to a close, at least temporarily. I can understand why Taylor went for experience over enthusiasm, but it hasn't worked.

I can also understand the call for younger blood, but there are risks with that strategy too. Ideally, a blend of both can work, but it won't be easy to recruit good examples of either/both in January if your new club is facing a certain drop.

I'm happy to see if Richardson can turn this round eventually.

The gravy is sorted. Merry Christmas to all.

No one is forced to go to football.
    Go if you want to don't go if it gets you down.
    It's entertainment with a vested interest.
    Financially we cannot compete in the championship so it is what it is. We may be lucky again and stay up however we probably won't.
    Either way I do know for sure that if we stay up I won't get a big bonus for doing so or a pay cut for being relegated.
    I also know i will renew my season ticket and support my team.
    Is football important to me?
    Yes it is but it is not critical.
    Enjoy the good times and accept the not so good times.
    UTM

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast