+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League Review 2019/2020

Week 36 ⚽️

Some of our managers where left gob smacked as Pep (GIT) well and truly stuck the boot 🥾 in where it hurts with his team choice against Bournemouth. DeBruyne omitted and you just knew the inevitable would happen and he would send Sterling on as a sub. 🤬

However to be fair I think on the whole DeBruyne managers apart from BB would be pleased with their vice captains performances.

10 players given the armband with Sterling top managers choice with 5 votes.

1. Rashford/Kane 24 points - Oz, Dazzy and Gornal.

3. Jesus/ Martial 16 points - Harry, Picasso and HJ.

5. Vardy 15 points - Iwuz.

6. Ings 14 points - Yubby.

7. Fernandes/Robertson - Uncle Tony, David, Jesh and Nuc.

9. Jack 4 points - BB.

10. Sterling 2points - Bongo, Winnie, Sam, Rosie and Will. 🤬

MANAGER OF THE WEEK AWARD 🏆

With 💥63 glorious points HJ and Aston Lilla collect this weeks award.

Runner up Dazzy and Dazzy’s Barmy Army with 57 points.

Well played guys 👏👏👏👏👏 at one stage the scores where pitiful, I thought it was going to be one of the lowest weekly totals.

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Big Bo FC.

👉2. Jack of the Net.

👉3. Swordfish.

👉4. Sausage United.

👉5. McGinn & Tonic.

👉6. Winnie’s Warriors.

No change in positions however Harry extends his lead slightly over Picasso to 14 points.

RELEGATION 😱

👉17. Aston Liam.

👉18. Jota Than The Sun.

👉19. Claret & Blue Army.

MARE OF THE WEEK 🐴

Will and Jota Than The Sun with 32 points.

CHIPS

HJ - Wildcard

Triple Captain - Iwuz

Managers are still holding on to their tokens, are we going see more revealed this gameweek or are they hanging on till the final week. 😜
    Last edited by VillaRosie; 18-07-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Thank you so much again, Rosie!

Well, if my managerial ego was willing to accept the plaudits for Captaining Sterling last week, it has to accept the "you must have realised that Pep would do that" when I tried my luck again! I'm probably the real recipient of the Drongo award as I don't think Will made a conscious decision to do that.

Good luck to those fighting it out for the number one spot!

Well done HJ.

My bench boost didnt activate!

Nice one Rosie@!!

Week 37 ⚽️

It’s been an age coming but we have reached the penultimate review of the season.

CAPTAIN WATCH

Of the 8 captains on view Martial and Fernandes shared joint top spot with our managers giving them 4 votes each.

1. Sterling 💥 34 points - Winnie and Will.

2. Kane 26 points - Dazzy, BB and Gornal.

3. DeBruyne 12 points - Picasso, Yubby and Liam.

4. Martial 10 points - Harry, Bongo, Nuc and Rosie.

5. Jesus/ Aubameyang/ Vardy 4 points - HJ, Sam and Iwuz.

8. Fernandes 2 points - Uncle Tony, David, Oz and Jesh.

Just out of interest I see Man City’s last game of the season is at home to Norwich. You would think with 2nd place secured and Champion League matches looming this is the perfect opportunity for Pep to pull a fast one. Decisions decisions. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

MANAGER OF THE WEEK AWARD 🏆

💥Winnie and the Warriors lift the trophy again this week with 86💥 spectacular points with Captain Sterling again chipping in 34 precious points.

Runner up David and McGinn & Tonic with 78 points which is amazing considering his captain Fernandes only contributed 2 points.

Well played 👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Big Bo F C.

👉2. Jack of the Net.

👉3. Swordfish.

👉4. Sausage United.

👉5. McGinn & Tonic.

👉6. Winnie’s Warriors.

Again no movement position wise but significantly Harry’s lead over Picasso is down to 1 point so as well as West Ham v Villa there will be another traumatic Sunday winner takes all showdown. 🙊🙈🙉

Should there be a tie (fingers and toes crossed there isn’t) Fantasy League have a formula to work out the winner.

Uncle Tony’s 3rd place position is under threat from a resurgent Bongo who is only 8 points adrift.

Just concentrating on our top 6 I believe 4 them have got something secreted about their person which they will reveal on Sunday. 😜😛😝

RELEGATION 😱

👉17. Aston Liam.

👉18. Jota Than The Sun.

👉19. Claret & Blue Army.

Liam making a spirited effort to catch Jesh, only 13 points adrift.

MARE OF THE WEEK 🐴

Jesh and Kirkley with 49 points scoop the award this week.

CHIPS

Free Hit - Uncle Tony.

Bench Boost - Nuc.

Wildcard - OZ.

GOOD LUCK GUYS, WINNIE & VILLA 🍀🍀🍀🍀

Well done Winnie.

Im aiming for 3rd and top 100k now. Im about 50 points behind so will need a mirical. Good luck Harry and Picasso for Sunday. What a nerve racking few hours.
    I dont envy you. Imagin coming 2nd and villa get relegated. Awful.
    Hopfully the one who comes 2nd can be boosted by Villas great escape.

Nice one Rosie 👌👍🏻

Thanks for another great write up Rosie.

Yes a big Man City problem this week. Which team will he put out? Does Pep save his best players for the Champions League or risk them them in a meaningless game? As ever with him you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

It’s been a fun season but have to say would give it all up for a Villa win on Sunday.

I have just had a little look at the league from all the way down in 9th. I believe Picasso has a free hit token and I believe his team value is nearly 3 million higher than Harry's. I've told Harry this and he said "well, he can't buy the league"

Thems fighting words Pablo! Good luck everyone in the final Gameweek. I've just read next season kicks off on the 12th September, 3 weeks after the Champs league final. Hope to god we are still in the division and get our transfers sorted out sharpish!

Thank you so much again for another top notch report, Rosie! You work so hard for us - not long now until you get a well deserved rest!

Cheers Bongo. The threat of gruel worked on Sterling - told him if he didn't get working on the goal difference between Villa and Watford then that's all there would be waiting for him for supper. Pep causing tactics headaches on the Warriors' training ground too. Sometimes I think Pep really does just spin his roulette!

Picasso, your nephew is proving to be my nemisis again this season! Thought I might have a chance of catching him up a bit after Sterling's brace, but he did brilliantly again this week. Looks like Nuc and I will be slugging it out again to try and land your old favourite spot of 6th place!

Good luck to everyone, but special good luck to both Harry and Picasso - you've both been head and shoulders above everyone else this season - and as a neutral, it will be an exciting watch, but if I was either of you, I'd have to install a sofa in the dug out that I could hide behind! Nearly as scary as the Villa match!

I kinda wish I didn’t have a free hit token then I wouldn’t have any decisions to make! and if I’m honest, I’ve never really worked out the benefits of a high team value. Could someone explain?

Good luck Harry but hopefully not as much as me......although I half expect to see most of my team and my captain sitting on the bench.

I think having a high team value just gives you more options and flexibility - it really comes into its own when you are wildcarding or free hitting - means you can afford to buy a combination of players that those with a lower team value can only make gooey eyes at Obviously if a lot of that value is tied up in players you wouldn't want to sell, it wouldn't be as of much benefit. Take this week, for example your having a higher team value than Harry gives you a bigger pool of players to choose from and could give you the edge. It would be particularly noticeable if Harry were also free hitting. Unfortunately, it doesn't mean your players will score more though. FL is fun but so frustrating like that! Sighs.
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 24-07-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)