+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Have We Signed Anyone Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by HensonsPRman View Post
    3 signings plus Smith re-signing and Icky decision on Sunday
    I might be behind the times as I've been away for a few days, but rumoured Smudge not going to Ull and staying put rather than taking the coin from our neighbours in Div3. Eaves apparently practically a done deal.

But I bet you all knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Washington like look of didn't want Grigg back or Tutu. Let's see what Hull & Greaves can do.
    We don't want to be experimenting with unproven kids in the Championship. Much better to send them out on loan and bring players in who are up to Championship standard.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    We don't want to be experimenting with unproven kids in the Championship. Much better to send them out on loan and bring players in who are up to Championship standard.
    I agree but your words are wasted on gru.

Good player Fossey, we had him on loan at Bolton from January last season but had to send him back to Fulham injured. That’s his problem, he’s 23 and had never played first team football before he came to us and also has a long history of injury problems. He was brilliant for us when fit and we’d done a deal with Fulham to sign him permanently but after his stellar performances for us before his injury, he obviously appeared on other teams radar. Clearly he’s put money ahead of coming back to Wanderers so good luck to him if that’s more important. It’s a big risk for Rotherham both because he’s never played at Championship level and his poor injury record but if you’re willing to pay big wages and take the chance he’ll stay fit, good luck to you too. Clearly he’s looking for a longer deal which also is a risk if you get stuck with him. Preston and Wigan also looked but decided to go elsewhere but obviously Warne seems prepared to take the risk!!

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyWhites View Post
    Good player Fossey, we had him on loan at Bolton from January last season but had to send him back to Fulham injured. That’s his problem, he’s 23 and had never played first team football before he came to us and also has a long history of injury problems. He was brilliant for us when fit and we’d done a deal with Fulham to sign him permanently but after his stellar performances for us before his injury, he obviously appeared on other teams radar. Clearly he’s put money ahead of coming back to Wanderers so good luck to him if that’s more important. It’s a big risk for Rotherham both because he’s never played at Championship level and his poor injury record but if you’re willing to pay big wages and take the chance he’ll stay fit, good luck to you too. Clearly he’s looking for a longer deal which also is a risk if you get stuck with him. Preston and Wigan also looked but decided to go elsewhere but obviously Warne seems prepared to take the risk!!
    Not sure about more money.

But playing in the championship with a manager who has a track record off turning unknowns into million pound players

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Not sure about more money.

But playing in the championship with a manager who has a track record off turning unknowns into million pound players

That’s a fair point welovebooth but with the Millers amongst the probable relegation contenders and Wanderers amongst promotion contenders, next season, isn’t that a pretty short sighted view from Fossey? Rotherham need to do everything they can to stay up and to do that you need players who can be relied upon to be there week in week out and with Marlons injury record that’s debatable. Can you afford the risk is all I’m asking?

That’s a fair point welovebooth but with the Millers amongst the probable relegation contenders and Wanderers amongst promotion contenders, next season, isn’t that a pretty short sighted view from Fossey? Rotherham need to do everything they can to stay up and to do that you need players who can be relied upon to be there week in week out and with Marlons injury record that’s debatable. Can you afford the risk is all I’m asking?
    The last time we were promoted we lost Ogbene with a knee injury. That for me was one of the decisive reasons for us getting relegated.

On saying that he's come back fitter and stronger but unfortunately well not be able to hold on to him especially if he makes an impact in the world cup.

Or maybe the lazier players look at Rotherham's style and Warne's reputation for wanting high effort football and they think " not for me" ?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    The last time we were promoted we lost Ogbene with a knee injury. That for me was one of the decisive reasons for us getting relegated.

On saying that he's come back fitter and stronger but unfortunately well not be able to hold on to him especially if he makes an impact in the world cup.
    Ive read a couple of post in last day or two about "if Ogbene does well in world cup" have i missed something here, when did R.O.I. qualify for Quatar??????? has he changed nationality or has some other team dropped out.????

Fossey is definitely class when fit but he’s 23 years old, has played only 23 professional games in his career due largely to time out injured, 16 for us before being injured and returned to Fulham and never played first team there at all. We’d definitely have loved him back despite the risk, but only on our wages structure and the agreed price with Fulham before he came. Obviously his performances alerted others but I do think you need to be careful what you offer because you need players who can perform every week, not spend time on the treatment table.

Page 30 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast