+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 299 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Whoever they are! I think you have too much time on your hands!

Ah but he never responds when I demolish his ravings with a clear concise argument so its not worth the effort. Besides which Thicky baiting amuses me!
    I don't have to respond because everythinks as I do. You are a psychotic but brilliantly funny
    Your late night rants are the best, obviously your sat there on the sherry and about as coherent as a goldfish.

There is no argument in your head, as being a narcissist, you believe you're always right.

You really should stand for election poppet, how could the country refuse your divine wisdom and knowledge.
    Vote Swale . The independent dictator for clarity.

[QUOTE=Trickytreesreds;39593136]I don't have to respond because everythinks as I do. You are a psychotic but brilliantly funny ...

...says the ‘psychotic’ who spends all his time on a rival board insisting he’s always right.

‘Every(one) thinks as I do’. Not sure about that...well actually, I am...and you’re wrong.

Can we have a bit of a reset, it’s all got a bit bitter chaps. Yes I’m guilty too

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Can we have a bit of a reset, it’s all got a bit bitter chaps. Yes I’m guilty too
    Bass, Marstons, Doom Bar......... take ya pick but I'll have a Pedigree please.

Okay...taking things in a slightly different direction, not least because this isn’t entirely the government’s fault...I’d like to raise a question about the NHS and Covid.
    Back when the weather was better and the days were longer we, quite rightly imo, had the regular Thursday evening claps for the NHS.
    But has the whole of the NHS performed so brilliantly? Can’t help feeling a little let down by some aspects of GP practices and I’ll have to be anecdotal in the telling, but it seems to have become alarmingly and increasingly difficult to win the attention of a GP over the last six months.
    As examples I know of a couple in their mid seventies who both have health issues...she struggling with depression and he with a not altogether unrelated heart condition. Both feel that they’ve been deserted by their GP during the pandemic while at the other end of the spectrum I know of a five year old who has succumbed to tonsillitis three times over the same period. On each occasion he has been readily prescribed antibiotics over the phone but there has been a refusal to actually instigate a first hand and visual investigation of his condition.
    There’s a lot to be said for telephone appointments, but with schools back fully, students - ridiculously imo - returned and many back at work...are GP’s shirking their responsibilities? Genuine question NOT an accusation.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Bass, Marstons, Doom Bar......... take ya pick but I'll have a Pedigree please.
    Off the subject but i had my first ever (half of!) Pedigree last year...

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Okay...taking things in a slightly different direction, not least because this isn’t entirely the government’s fault...I’d like to raise a question about the NHS and Covid.
    Back when the weather was better and the days were longer we, quite rightly imo, had the regular Thursday evening claps for the NHS.
    But has the whole of the NHS performed so brilliantly? Can’t help feeling a little let down by some aspects of GP practices and I’ll have to be anecdotal in the telling, but it seems to have become alarmingly and increasingly difficult to win the attention of a GP over the last six months.
    As examples I know of a couple in their mid seventies who both have health issues...she struggling with depression and he with a not altogether unrelated heart condition. Both feel that they’ve been deserted by their GP during the pandemic while at the other end of the spectrum I know of a five year old who has succumbed to tonsillitis three times over the same period. On each occasion he has been readily prescribed antibiotics over the phone but there has been a refusal to actually instigate a first hand and visual investigation of his condition.
    There’s a lot to be said for telephone appointments, but with schools back fully, students - ridiculously imo - returned and many back at work...are GP’s shirking their responsibilities? Genuine question NOT an accusation.
    I've heard a number of phone ins on this in the last few weeks and it appears to be the old 'postcode lottery', some great stories and other tales of practises that have basically 'gone to ground'. The one local to me have pretty much stuck to the same process as before but replaced face to face with telephone consultations and face to face only if absolutely necessary. My own opinion on the NHS in general, consistent from way before Covid, which I've shared on here before, is there needs to be a lot less administrators. a lot more 'doers' and a lot of input from areas of industry that can slick the operation up.

I've heard a number of phone ins on this in the last few weeks and it appears to be the old 'postcode lottery', some great stories and other tales of practises that have basically 'gone to ground'. The one local to me have pretty much stuck to the same process as before but replaced face to face with telephone consultations and face to face only if absolutely necessary. My own opinion on the NHS in general, consistent from way before Covid, which I've shared on here before, is there needs to be a lot less administrators. a lot more 'doers' and a lot of input from areas of industry that can slick the operation up.
    I have a few clients involved in the redesign and restructuring of the NHS to try and achieve what you reference Andy. Needless to say they receive lots of resistance against reform as vested interests block every attempt to change anything. Trouble is change needs to come from the top and that's where there is the most resistance as people on highly rewarded sinecures don't want to lose them.

It's also like painting the Forth Road Bridge - just when you think the jobs done, it's back to the start to change it all over again.

It is the ultimate inefficient nationalised industry but no way can it be privatised either. Its probably insoluble and we have to take the rough with the smooth

I think we need a 2 week lockdown at the end of this month, to coincide with the school half term breaks.

It would limit disruption, but hopefully, put a brake on the increase in cases.

I reckon thats what we'll get Ram

Page 31 of 299 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)