+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Didn't both Hughes and Wright use united at that time to get better deals at their clubs? i dont think either of them came out saying they were interested or not, i just think there was no way we were even getting the chance to speak to them unless upped our compo.

Surprised no one has mentioned Hughes this time? he normally is and im waiting on him being on sportsound or something saying he'd be interested in the job so on.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    Didn't both Hughes and Wright use united at that time to get better deals at their clubs? i dont think either of them came out saying they were interested or not, i just think there was no way we were even getting the chance to speak to them unless upped our compo.

Surprised no one has mentioned Hughes this time? he normally is and im waiting on him being on sportsound or something saying he'd be interested in the job so on.
    It was certainly popular opinion at the time which is what I was basing my opinion on. I'm just not really getting all the clamour for Tommy Wright that's all, I've always felt he had no desire to come here and doesn't particularly like United. After Robbie's quickfire exit I just really want it to be someone who actually wants to be here. Of course if it is to be Wright then he will of course get my backing and a chance to shut my puss 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Then I stand corrected. As per Budmills post there was a common opinion on message boards at the time that he had used our interest in him to get a better deal at Saints. I admit to having no insider knowledge of course, but no need for the combustive response ( I thought that was my speciality &#128523
    True. Apologies. I've turned 40 today. I'm feeling the strain. Time for another beer. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    True. Apologies. I've turned 40 today. I'm feeling the strain. Time for another beer. 😂
    I remember 40, distantly 😂

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    I'll say it again. None of the names being mentioned are giving me any hope for the appointment. the standard of managers being linked to us is very poor imo. my mind keeps on swaying towards one of mcculloch or forrest getting the job. I think if Wright was the man we would have made a move or more would have been said about it.

just looked on some of the bookies to see the names (yeah i know most of them are rubbish but still) alot of rookie ex players or managers who have failed at other teams very recently.

the boy tot is interesting but sadly not at this time imo. screams CSABA

get Mccoist to F***. dont need that sevco sympathiser.
    Why would you think McCulloch is the man for the job? He is exactly what you mention in your next paragraph, a rookie manager who failed at another team. He lasted 8 games after being given the Killie job on a permanent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    It was certainly popular opinion at the time which is what I was basing my opinion on. I'm just not really getting all the clamour for Tommy Wright that's all, I've always felt he had no desire to come here and doesn't particularly like United. After Robbie's quickfire exit I just really want it to be someone who actually wants to be here. Of course if it is to be Wright then he will of course get my backing and a chance to shut my puss 😉
    I'm not overawed by him either, however at this moment in time he's probably the only standout candidate.
    I'm also with JM in the thinking that his beef was with the snake. He also then went onto have a bit of a tiff with Jackie did he not? I think it's easy to assume his beef is with us as a club but I think it was with those two individuals more than anything. Either way, like you, full backing if he gets the job.

Apologies i meant it was who i think would get the job rather than who i actually want to get the job. personally dont rate mcculloch but i think he is highly regarding at tannadice hence why i think they might give him the job.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    True. Apologies. I've turned 40 today. I'm feeling the strain. Time for another beer. ��
    Happy birthday mate - have a great day!!

i do recall being pissed off withs wrights attitude but we had a board of idiots then too so lets see

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    i do recall being pissed off withs wrights attitude but we had a board of idiots then too so lets see
    I was posting on East football at the time so that's my excuse 😂

Page 32 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)