+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 327 of 349 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Animal , how did they want to leave the EU? With a deal or without one?

If you were to say without one, why did we try for a deal in the first place? Why did we not say on x date we are off that is what the people want , bye bye and give em a 2 fingered salute.

By the way, it looks like we are in the process of leaving it now. You should be happy. Even Letwin said he was gonna vote to leave if he was a remainer now he could have still tabled his amendment.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 19-10-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Another point Mr Kerr, how can you say the agreement won't be opened up again? I will put a scenario to you- one you won't like, but still-lets say there is a no confidence vote which leads to an election and horror of horrors for you Labour win comfortably. The EU will be dealing with a totally different kettle of fish then why wouldn't they at least be willing to reopen partly because it might suit them better a Labour brexit than a tory brexit.

In a similar way maybe opposition parties could force the govt to renegotiate or failing that have an interim govt of their own that does.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 19-10-2019 at 09:06 PM.

No one voted for a deal Roly.
    Those that wanted a deal like Benn , Corbyn do not understand the implications of insisting on one .
    We,ve only just scratched the surface of being disappointed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50112924

Opinions on this Mr Kerr. Can bojo get away with it?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Animal , how did they want to leave the EU? With a deal or without one?

If you were to say without one, why did we try for a deal in the first place? Why did we not say on x date we are off that is what the people want , bye bye and give em a 2 fingered salute.

By the way, it looks like we are in the process of leaving it now. You should be happy. Even Letwin said he was gonna vote to leave if he was a remainer now he could have still tabled his amendment.
    Your totally missing the point roly , it's got nothing to do with a two fingered salute and sacking the EU off .

Parliament across the floor just won't accept it and carry out the mandate .

Break this thing down and look at the hot air regarding a second referendum , it's b@llax mate and it shames me as a Labour man that those words were ever voiced from the party I've voted for and became an active member .

You've even got the likes of Thornberry who would vote against her own party's deal , full stop if they had ever presented one .

You've got the leader of the LB's who'd not even recognise a referendum ever happened .

The mandate is perfectly clear , everything else is clearly a side show .

Wow he really does want to go to jail. I hope he has some good lawyers. Kerr are you game? Can you get him out of this one?

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-10-19/...ut-he-doesn-t/

So as far as I understand it, the proposed new customs border post is going to be a lightship in the Irish Sea... Hi, Monty ! No doubt he will be complaining about foreigners as usual !
    Sounds like Operation Silly Mid-on..
    Last edited by mikemiller; 19-10-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Wow he really does want to go to jail. I hope he has some good lawyers. Kerr are you game? Can you get him out of this one?

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-10-19/...ut-he-doesn-t/
    Goes to jail for acting out the result of a referendum and proceeding with it .

Look any other time Johnson could rot in jail for the rest of his life for all I care about him and his party .

But FFS they are making the rules up as they go along to stop the mandate they were given by the electorate .

Dear Kerr. So are you saying that the only purpose of the Letwin amendment is to stop us leaving the EU with no deal?Letwin said himself one of the purposes was to scrutinise the deal. What would be the point if you can't affect it in some way?

Your point about "chicken" could well be right but a dangerous game to play I would say. The EU still won't want us to crash out with no deal.
    I’m fairly sanguine about the Letwin amendment, Roly. There isn’t a lot of trust in Parliament at the moment and in view of Johnson’s stated willingness to leave without a deal, I can understand why MPs want to be in a position to see the deal legislation passed before agreeing to the deal that he is putting forward. There can undoubtedly be scrutiny, but, realistically, there is no prospect of renegotiation and amendment.

Letwin has made it clear that he will now vote for the Johnson deal.

The EU don’t want a no deal outcome, which is why they have agreed a deal with the British government (twice) and are likely, in my view, to be willing to put pressure on Parliament to agree it. As you say, chicken is a dangerous game and in this case, one that is far more so for the UK than the EU.

Another point Mr Kerr, how can you say the agreement won't be opened up again? I will put a scenario to you- one you won't like, but still-lets say there is a no confidence vote which leads to an election and horror of horrors for you Labour win comfortably. The EU will be dealing with a totally different kettle of fish then why wouldn't they at least be willing to reopen partly because it might suit them better a Labour brexit than a tory brexit.

In a similar way maybe opposition parties could force the govt to renegotiate or failing that have an interim govt of their own that does.
    I’m not sure there are the numbers for a no confidence vote, Roly, given that Corbyn is insisting upon getting to sit in the big chair after one and the Lib Dems (and some Labour MPs) are saying 'no way' to that. The position of the DUP would be fascinating too; would they put IRA supporters into number 10? I think not, but these are strange times and they are pretty cross with BoJo. Time is fast running out for that too.

Would the EU gamble on Labour winning and them being able to agree a deal and get it through Parliament? I wouldn’t. Labour doesn’t appear to have a position on what it actually wants from a deal other than having the UK accept laws that it has no say in making. What is the Labour position on the Irish border issue? We know what Corbyn, McDonnell’s’ and Abbots preferred solution to that would be, but the Unionists wouldn’t like it and neither would a lot of Labour MPs given the number who spoke about the importance of the union today.

How do you propose that Parliament could force the government to renegotiate? Thumbscrews? And bear in mind that it takes two to tango and that the EU is unlikely to feel ‘forced’ to renegotiate.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 19-10-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Page 327 of 349 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337 ... LastLast