+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone Roll Call and Sh@t

McGinn

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We have Bruce Anderson and Niall McGinn. Both will easily out score the other competition in our team. Get them both up front.
    Niall McGinn is still a decent playerbut he seems to have lost a bit of pace and confidence to take on his man since he returned to the club. He scores a few goals here and there but if you watch carefully the vast majority of his efforts go about six inches over the bar. I think if he aimed a bit lower (7 inches I’d suggest) he’d score much more often��. I have noticed this for a number of seasons and I think that’s what DM was jokingly referring to in the recent press comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    We won’t be top two this season under our current coach. I’ll be amazed if we finish higher than 5th.

Quick question for the Clappies. What league position would we need to finish in for you to want him sacked?
    To be fair a lot of people on here said the same thing last season, and the season before and the season before that.

I guess you were bound to get it right sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Niall McGinn is still a decent playerbut he seems to have lost a bit of pace and confidence to take on his man since he returned to the club. He scores a few goals here and there but if you watch carefully the vast majority of his efforts go about six inches over the bar. I think if he aimed a bit lower (7 inches I’d suggest) he’d score much more often��. I have noticed this for a number of seasons and I think that’s what DM was jokingly referring to in the recent press comments.
    I honestly think Niall McGinn getting played as a striker would easily out score his team mates. I am sticking by my thinking of playing him and Anderson up front.

I honestly think Niall McGinn getting played as a striker would easily out score his team mates. I am sticking by my thinking of playing him and Anderson up front.
    I think Andy Considine getting played as a striker would easily outscore May, Cosgrove (and while he remains in the stands) Wilson.

But I agree - McGinn through the centre will score more goals, as will Anderson. May and Cosgrove won't hit double figures between them this season. Only problem with moving McGinn into centre is we have nobody else to play out wide. Him and GMS are pretty much the only wingers we have.

As I've said before, we really need Wright back and we really need to hope his brilliant performance at no10 against St Mirren wasn't just a one off. I really believe that could change things massively. Although I still think we'd need to make changes up front if we're going to score any of the chances McGinn, GMS and Wright would create.

Fair point.
    Who would you play on the wing?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Fair point.
    Who would you play on the wing?
    A lot of folk are moaning that Niall McGinn is poor on the wing (at the moment) anyway. Wright, Ross, Lowe, Shinnie etc could get us by until we recruit a new winger in January with a bumper bank balance from the DNA cash.
    I prefer Shinnie bombing up the left hand side of the park as he is wasted in a sitting midfielder position. We didn’t recruit properly in the summer so I admit our lack of wingers is a concern but our biggest concern is the lack of goals and that is why McGinn and Anderson up front is my choice. Make no mistake about it...they will score goals.

A lot of folk are moaning that Niall McGinn is poor on the wing (at the moment) anyway. Wright, Ross, Lowe, Shinnie etc could get us by until we recruit a new winger in January with a bumper bank balance from the DNA cash.
    I prefer Shinnie bombing up the left hand side of the park as he is wasted in a sitting midfielder position. We didn’t recruit properly in the summer so I admit our lack of wingers is a concern but our biggest concern is the lack of goals and that is why McGinn and Anderson up front is my choice. Make no mistake about it...they will score goals.
    I can see your point on McGinn / Anderson up front.
    McGinn just doesn't appear to have the pace to be as direct as he once was.

It'll be no surprise to know that I disagree with you on Shinnies Position. He's far more effective for the team in midfield.
    I believe that's statistically been proven as well.

I do like the look of Lowe so far, but do you really want to play him as a winger?
    Shinnie's nae going in there unless absolutely necessary, so you must want Considine back to left back.
    You never know, with Devlin back available this weekend, you may get your desires

Ahem....did someone forget to congratulate me on my match prediction?!
    lol, do you seriously want congratulation.
    It was a fairly obvious prediction with a likely outcome.
    I'm still peeved Thomson ruined my run, or I could have been going for 9/9.
    Never looking for praise though, that's pretty shallow

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    lol, do you seriously want congratulation.
    It was a fairly obvious prediction with a likely outcome.
    I'm still peeved Thomson ruined my run, or I could have been going for 9/9.
    Never looking for praise though, that's pretty shallow
    Says the man quoting a could have been 9/9.

I will say fair play to you as no one else on this board predicted the first lot of matches including the European games. But your run has come to an end and I aim to beat it...just to annoy the f@ck out of you.

1/1....I will give you my next prediction on Friday squire.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think Andy Considine getting played as a striker would easily outscore May, Cosgrove (and while he remains in the stands) Wilson.
    I think AC playing at left back would easily outscore May and Cosgrove

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast