+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Celtic game

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Only here could you get shot down for dreaming that your team could be a bit more competitive with the team one place above you in the league. Accused of being negative for hoping for more. Does the negativity not come more from those willing to settle for never being anywhere near the mighty Celtic?

Groundhog day every day on here at the moment
    My brother came out with a very dissapointing belter a couple of days ago. "id lose the 12 points if it meant coming second every year". That is the attitude of far to many. Its acceptable to lose to Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    A number of different tactics? Sitting in deep defending is only a defensive tactic no matter how you butter it up.
    Hollywood teeth is a better manager that is not even an argument (unfortunately for us).
    You yourself say Rodgers has been able to adjust to whatever tactic that McInnes has attempted ...I certainly don’t recall us going to Celtic Park and having a go. Unfortunately Del just knows he hasn’t the ability or belief to get the better of Rodgers in these matches.
    It’s quite clear you do not have a footballing brain or the ability to see the different tactics deployed.

Do you have a clue what your talking about? It doesn’t appear so.
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 27-12-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    My brother came out with a very dissapointing belter a couple of days ago. "id lose the 12 points if it meant coming second every year". That is the attitude of far to many. Its acceptable to lose to Celtic.
    Your brother sounds like a wise man, maybe you should reflect on what he’s trying to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Only here could you get shot down for dreaming that your team could be a bit more competitive with the team one place above you in the league. Accused of being negative for hoping for more. Does the negativity not come more from those willing to settle for never being anywhere near the mighty Celtic?

Groundhog day every day on here at the moment
    There’s absolutely nothing wrong with hoping or desiring a better outcome against Celtic.
    Moaning for the case of Just being able to moan does not do anybody any good.

Criticise by all means, but be constructive with it. I criticised DM’s tactics in the Ibrokes game and pointed out my perception of the flaws.
    Some on here criticise but with no suggestions.
    RJ has been asked a number of times what he would do, how he would set up, but nothing to articulate how he would do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Is that not Pacbro to you?

Ofcourse it is acceptable to lose to Celtic. It is acceptable to lose to any team in this league. If not, then we would have a new manager after every loss.

We have seen the team that RedJohn picked against Partick Thistle. Anyone really believe that an all our attack against Celtic like that team would fair any better or would we lose 6 or 7 or 8 or 9?

I am still waiting to hear anyone give a sensible formation and tactics to beat Celtic other than a set up similar to the one we used the last time we beat them at Celtic Park. I would love to hear it - I am sure DM and every other manager in the SPFL would love to hear it.

Celtic's team is stronger now, have more resources in comparison to the rest of their nearest rivals and are better managed than at any time that I have been watching football. Does that make me negative or a realist?

Saying "getintaethem" and attack as the option for success - does that make you positive or a fantasist?

I am also not defending DM here. Would not matter who managed us. To use DM's record against Celtic as an excuse to repeat some vendetta you have against the guy is not helping your case because your argument is weak and you basically resort to such an extreme position that it puts off other posters from joining in the "debate".

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Your brother sounds like a wise man, maybe you should reflect on what he’s trying to tell you.
    I give up.

I suppose somebody has to have the worst record against them, just a bit suprised that folk are ok with it being us.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It’s quite clear you do not have a footballing brain or the ability to see the different tactics deployed.

Do you have a clue what your talking about? It doesn’t appear so.
    I suggest you are the one who can’t see beyond the obvious. I will keep it simple for you...when we go to play Rodgers team at Celtic Park we put out a system than is set up to defend and hit on the counter...agreed?
    Tell me how many points we have acquired from using such tactics? If you realise that it is ZERO points would you not say that the tactic does not work?
    I suggest a far more progressive approach so we don’t spend far too much time defending our goal as much. For the record ...we cannot defend good enough against Celtic as McInnes has proved.
    Maybe I don’t accept defeat easily and that won’t change. If we at least had a go and gave Craig Gordon a busy match then you might be surprised by the outcome. 1 shot at target all match will not win you any matches when your defensive team gifts goals to the opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I suppose somebody has to have the worst record against them, just a bit suprised that folk are ok with it being us.
    Exactly. Dundee have got nothing off Brenda but scored more so we are infact the worst v them.

But its ok McInnes isnt McGhee and we havent been beaten 9-0 so its fine

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I suggest you are the one who can’t see beyond the obvious. I will keep it simple for you...when we go to play Rodgers team at Celtic Park we put out a system than is set up to defend and hit on the counter...agreed?
    Tell me how many points we have acquired from using such tactics? If you realise that it is ZERO points would you not say that the tactic does not work?
    I suggest a far more progressive approach so we don’t spend far too much time defending our goal as much. For the record ...we cannot defend good enough against Celtic as McInnes has proved.
    Maybe I don’t accept defeat easily and that won’t change. If we at least had a go and gave Craig Gordon a busy match then you might be surprised by the outcome. 1 shot at target all match will not win you any matches when your defensive team gifts goals to the opponent.
    Yes Celtic are a very good team, better resourced, stronger squad, better manager.
    DM has tried a number of tactics, which have not worked in the majority.
    He has beat them on occasion, but your reference is just since Rodgers joined them
    I would reply stating that only Craig Levein has beat them domestically since he joined Celtic.

Maybe you’d prefer us to be like Hearts, a hammer thrower of a team, more accustomed to punting the ball high and long time and again. I’d rather not.
    Of course, Levein is renowned for setting up his teams defensively.
    Even now they have the second best defence, mind you, they do not score as much.
    So is your progressive stance to score less, concede less and just be better equipped to compete in games against Celtic and disregard the rest of the seasons games?
    You should reflect that Hearts record against Celtic is not great either, other than the anomaly at Tynecastle the other week.

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast