+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 338 of 410 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 4096

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I hate all this Butcher, McMann, Freeman etc can play centre half. They aren't centre halves and two out of three of those would mean reshaping the first team. We should have cover that can slot right in without having to sacrifice a other positions. As for Graham, he got 7 games at Dunfermline and didn't kick another ball. Deemed the worst defender they'd seen by their fans. We can't have aspirations of a top 6 club without adequate cover in key areas.
    Disagree Butcher is a CB now playing def midfield where he is better but he can play CB. Other 2 yeah prob agree. Neilson needs a few games and to sign a new contract. I think we are getting a new CB next week. Graham thats not really relevant as dunfermline are a bomb scare he needs to be given a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    No disrespect to the lad but I’m hoping that Kevin McDonald isn’t one of them.
    Yes, but it’s the seethe. Think of the seethe!

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Disagree Butcher is a CB now playing def midfield where he is better but he can play CB. Other 2 yeah prob agree. Neilson needs a few games and to sign a new contract. I think we are getting a new CB next week. Graham thats not really relevant as dunfermline are a bomb scare he needs to be given a chance.
    So he's a better central midfielder than he is centre half, but to most, he's not actually that good a central midfielder so....... 😂

I wouldn't be comfortable with a centre half pairing of Neilson & Butcher if Mulgrew & Edwards were out. I don't think many would be tbh. We need two accomplished centre half's for cover. If one is a raw kid, the other needs to be someone with experience.

Hearts demanding £500K from Rangers to sign Souttar in this window. That would be a sweet little £50K for us if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    So he's a better central midfielder than he is centre half, but to most, he's not actually that good a central midfielder so....... ��

I wouldn't be comfortable with a centre half pairing of Neilson & Butcher if Mulgrew & Edwards were out. I don't think many would be tbh. We need two accomplished centre half's for cover. If one is a raw kid, the other needs to be someone with experience.
    With the best will in the world I'd think it's pretty unlikely we'll get 2 centre half of the standard you mention to agree to come to us to warm the bench.

Well we ain't getting Kane Hemmings(the seethe would be aff the scale) he's just signed for free flowing,free scoring,2nd tap Tranmere Rovers......😫

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    With the best will in the world I'd think it's pretty unlikely we'll get 2 centre half of the standard you mention to agree to come to us to warm the bench.
    Accomplished in the sense that they are natural centre halves, as opposed to someone who 'can play there'. I don't see why we can't sign an experienced centre half for that role? Someone with experience who can push Mulgrew & Edwards. Neilson is still a fair bit off from being a regular imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Well we ain't getting Kane Hemmings(the seethe would be aff the scale) he's just signed for free flowing,free scoring,2nd tap Tranmere Rovers......😫
    Tranmere with the 3rd best defensive record in the country. Looks like MM's destined for another promotion. It's weird how football works.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    No disrespect to the lad but I’m hoping that Kevin McDonald isn’t one of them. Although he may do a job. At 33 it’s not what I’m hoping for. Tam was on news earlier talking him up.
    i would have him defo, especially with how poor our midfield have been of late and the fact fuchs is away soon

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i would have him defo, especially with how poor our midfield have been of late and the fact fuchs is away soon
    Agreed. If he's half the player he was a couple of years ago he'll still be good enough. Tam is certainly talking him up in the papers today.

However, big Jeremy informed us he's only up visiting family, so Tam must be lying when he says he's 'an option'. Our gaffer's a liar and a bully now. Jeez. 🙄

Page 338 of 410 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)