+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 339 of 560 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by ObanRed View Post
    How do you reckon it will take over an hour to get from city centre to Kingsford?
    Because that's how long it takes if you live away from Union Street/Lang Stracht. Even a direct journey takes 30/40 mins.

Do you think that buses from Dyce, BoD, Cults, Culter, Foggy dump etc are all going to go in to city centre then back out to Kingsford?
    Now we're back round to the fact there's nothing around Kingsford...

Not everybody who attends matches wants to go to the pub and get half canned before and after the game. I, like many, drive to games when I get the chance. Kingsford will be far more accessible for me.
    ...except for these people. And please don't suggest people drink where they live in Stoney or whatever then get a bus to Kingsford.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    Now we're back round to the fact there's nothing around Kingsford...
    I would have thought the same as you, I cant see first bus/stage coach etc running buses from all of these different areas to Kingsfords just when there is a match on and they wont run them all the time because there is nothing else out there. Its not even as they can specifically run buses to the stadium on a certain day because games are not always on a Saturday because of tv.

The lets get it built brigade are assuming that Milne and his cronies will have this sorted out but they probably dont give a flying feck how the fans get out the stadium. Like some are saying on here they are thinking that fans will find a way to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I would have thought the same as you, I cant see first bus/stage coach etc running buses from all of these different areas to Kingsfords just when there is a match on and they wont run them all the time because there is nothing else out there. Its not even as they can specifically run buses to the stadium on a certain day because games are not always on a Saturday because of tv.

The lets get it built brigade are assuming that Milne and his cronies will have this sorted out but they probably dont give a flying feck how the fans get out the stadium. Like some are saying on here they are thinking that fans will find a way to get out.
    The long and short of it is your last paragraph. Heck our own fans are saying the same thing.

I'm not going through the logistics of it for anyone that can't think through it themselves but the inconvenience of this location will become extraordinarily apparent on match day 1, and not a day before it seems.

It's not common good land and was confirmed by the council long ago. )
    I refer you to the following link

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...Yzhg9VROPE_FLC

I know its a long link but this report should answer alot of the questions that keep getting asked on here.
    Regarding common good land I refer you to section 6.2.3

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    I refer you to the following link

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...Yzhg9VROPE_FLC

I know its a long link but this report should answer alot of the questions that keep getting asked on here.
    Regarding common good land I refer you to section 6.2.3
    In the document Statement on Co-Location, Site Selection & Sequential Test on our application on 01 Aug 2017.

What size bus, which company and how many? Then I could probably tell you.
    It’s a single decker 40(?) seater from Central. I presume all the AFC matchday P&R buses are similar on size and cost (£1 per person return).

In the document Statement on Co-Location, Site Selection & Sequential Test on our application on 01 Aug 2017.

As I have previously stated, a new stadium was not built on the kings links because of the reasons mentioned in the report. Including the issue of common good land.

If the land has been rezoned to green belt since the report then obviously the council don't want anything to be built on it incase there is any challenge to if it is common good or not.
    In other words, if they were sure the land could be built on then it would of been rezoned to brown field. Exactly as they did on the pinewood/hazledene site when the council sold it.

The long and short of it is your last paragraph. Heck our own fans are saying the same thing.

I'm not going through the logistics of it for anyone that can't think through it themselves but the inconvenience of this location will become extraordinarily apparent on match day 1, and not a day before it seems.
    Like every new system that's put in place , there will inevitably be teething problems.
    And like in life, folk will adapt and find new ways to make getting from A to B as seamless as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    As I have previously stated, a new stadium was not built on the kings links because of the reasons mentioned in the report. Including the issue of common good land.

If the land has been rezoned to green belt since the report then obviously the council don't want anything to be built on it incase there is any challenge to if it is common good or not.
    In other words, if they were sure the land could be built on then it would of been rezoned to brown field. Exactly as they did on the pinewood/hazledene site when the council sold it.
    The other reasons mentioned in the report is the golf shop and driving range and the cost and difficulty of relocating them in the case of needing 10 hectares - and they now say 12.5 LOL, along with co-location of training facilities being the main reason above everything.

There's no issue with common good land, confirmed after the LDP.

The club or at least one person does not want a stadium in the city centre and have no will to do it whatsoever, or they'd just build a stadium in a site that it fits. Ran down Pittodrie to the disgrace that it is now. It's blindingly obvious and there's no point making excuses for him.

Yep, it wasn’t the support that wanted this move. No pressure groups, social media outrage, songs at the game or pitchfork protests about leaving Pittodrie.

Nobody called for it other than the club. They ran it down & forced the issue, mainly because of one d1cks ego.

I’m not one for I told you so’s but quite a number of posters on here said this would happen about 10 fecking years ago. A lot of fans have been sleepwalking into this.

Imagine the money spent on feasibility studies was invested in Pittodrie. Maybe we wouldn’t have so many fans calling the place a Sh1thole

Page 339 of 560 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast