+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: ok might as well start the transfer rumours then...

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’d be happy if we just signed one, a Midfielder
    I’d be happy if we just bought 1 quality player

Some fire behind the smoke, Roly?
    Let's hope so
    Nowt on "Deano" Twitter though
    It's all gone very quiet
    Last edited by mikemiller; 08-08-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Another one bit the dust, Greg Docherty has gone to Shrewsbury. Lets hope we weren't really after him. Rangers fans didn't want him to go though!

Could be Andy Giddings is relght about the bids Mike but, as we all know, will they be enough? Best assuming we will get nobody and then owt else is a bonus. If deano dunt know owt there's probably nowt to tell.

Prepare for Ajayi, Jones or Wiles in midfield on Saturday or maybe a combination of them!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 08-08-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Another one bit the dust, Greg Docherty has gone to Shrewsbury. Lets hope we weren't really after him. Rangers fans didn't want him to go though!

Prepare for Ajayi, Jones or Wiles in midfield on Saturday or maybe a combination of them!
    At least in Wiles' case, it's his real position

What can we read into what Richie Barker said earlier about transfer situation?

“We have had a couple of conversations this week, but there are others clubs who are looking to do business so there are other offers to compete with,” Barker explained to www.themillers.co.uk

“We need to try and ensure that any future signings are not too down by the result at the weekend. Once we are at the stage of sitting down with a player we need to persuade them that this is the place for them to come and play their football. We will be working hard over the next couple of days, but there is still the loan market which stays open until the end of August.

“Ideally we want players in as quick as possible but it is not the end of the world if it is not done by Thursday because the loan window stays open. We want to get the right person and if that means we have to wait an extra week, then so be it.

My take:

1. We are in competition with others which is not usually a good sign for us. If we were competing with Shrews for Docherty we lost out.

2. "Ensure signings are not down by our result Saturday". That suggests to me some players might not come because they might think we are gonna get tonked every week.

3. "If its not done by Thurs it aint the end of the world". In other words, it waint be done by Thurs.

As I said expect us to have to go with what we have on Sat.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 08-08-2018 at 05:09 PM.

I wish we didn't know what we were going in for 3 players, people will just be disappointed when we don't get all 3 in

We don't for sure Don we are just going on what Giddings says.

Have we signed Neymar yet...
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 08-08-2018 at 05:27 PM. Reason: oops

Quote Originally Posted by Donmiller View Post
    I wish we didn't know what we were going in for 3 players, people will just be disappointed when we don't get all 3 in
    Trust me on this Don....some would be disappointed if we did sign all 3...
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 08-08-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Anyone remember the good old days where you just rolled up to Millmoor on a Saturday, gazed out onto the pitch as the team warmed up and turned to your mate to say "looks like we got a new player!"

Didn't need to suffer the torture of a 300+ messageboard thread touting possibilities over a 3 month timespan.

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast