+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Mac Fun Boss

It is very odd that a grown up man would type ‘CW33’

crazy behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Obviously wanting to avoid the play offs and I think we will,yes killie were the better team in the 2nd half,they are a good side but we were better in the 1st half and considering we had only 2 players who started the season in the team and pretty much a new team we did ok.Pretty sure we will improve in the coming weeks and if we did find ourselves in the play offs would be confident of staying up.
    We are in a similar position to united imo as in a league of 3 with a lot of new faces in both sides and it all depends how quickly they get up to 90 mins standard as I heard you boys faded on saturday also.
    Both clubs are underacheiving with the budgets they have so will be interesting to see how it pans out.
    Great post that

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Great post that
    agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by PartyFears2 View Post
    It is very odd that a grown up man would type ‘CW33’

crazy behaviour
    Sorry I'll grow up ...how about

FTD...that better for you 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Obviously wanting to avoid the play offs and I think we will,yes killie were the better team in the 2nd half,they are a good side but we were better in the 1st half and considering we had only 2 players who started the season in the team and pretty much a new team we did ok.Pretty sure we will improve in the coming weeks and if we did find ourselves in the play offs would be confident of staying up.
    We are in a similar position to united imo as in a league of 3 with a lot of new faces in both sides and it all depends how quickly they get up to 90 mins standard as I heard you boys faded on saturday also.
    Both clubs are underacheiving with the budgets they have so will be interesting to see how it pans out.

A new team of loanees though apart from Nelson, Curran and the crocked Davies, the first of which is a good signing tbf

You probably will finish 10th (as you should) because of the two awful sides you are fortunate to have in the division this year that have kept you hopeful and well in it all the time despite embarrassing form all season, you have 1 pt more than Utd had at this stage (less goals and more conceded though), and we won our next two games to move onto 20pts (Hearts at home and County away), the gap was too big to 11th though (the nearest teams were all in 22pts or more when we had 10pts), we'd have stayed up if there were two sides doing equally bad at this stage

Like for like going back to 2016, our home crowds were excellent with 6-7 k utd fans turning out at Tannadice during this period and regular 4 figures on the road, interesting to see the contrast with the fun in the same position, nothing like the same backing

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    A new team of loanees though apart from Nelson, Curran and the crocked Davies, the first of which is a good signing tbf

You probably will finish 10th (as you should) because of the two awful sides you are fortunate to have in the division this year that have kept you hopeful and well in it all the time despite embarrassing form all season, you have 1 pt more than Utd had at this stage (less goals and more conceded though), and we won our next two games to move onto 20pts (Hearts at home and County away), the gap was too big to 11th though (the nearest teams were all in 22pts or more when we had 10pts), we'd have stayed up if there were two sides doing equally bad at this stage

Like for like going back to 2016, our home crowds were excellent with 6-7 k utd fans turning out at Tannadice during this period and regular 4 figures on the road, interesting to see the contrast with the fun in the same position, nothing like the same backing
    That's what happens with years of mis-management and playing too many years in first div/championship crowds dwindle...of which I'm sure you can now relate to given your current state... you've lost around 2000 fans in the last 3 seasons...and the sad fact is it will be hard to get them to return on a regular basis
    Last edited by offshore_arab83; 08-02-2019 at 11:16 AM.

[QUOTE=petermackie;39141315]
    Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Like for like going back to 2016, our home crowds were excellent with 6-7 k utd fans turning out at Tannadice during this period and regular 4 figures on the road, interesting to see the contrast with the fun in the same position, nothing like the same backing[/QUOTE

That's what happens with years of mis-management and playing too many years in first div/championship crowds dwindle...of which I'm sure you can now relate to given your current state... you've lost around 2000 fans in the last 3 seasons...and the sad fact is it will be hard to get them to return on a regular basis
    It is fair to say we have lost 1500-2000 but also the derby, aberdeen, hibs, hearts and old firm gates too. Just lucky we have had investment as that was needed. Fans will come back just like at dens with Nelson alone able to draw a few back.

[QUOTE=Shedboy1971;39141320]
    Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post

It is fair to say we have lost 1500-2000 but also the derby, aberdeen, hibs, hearts and old firm gates too. Just lucky we have had investment as that was needed. Fans will come back just like at dens with Nelson alone able to draw a few back.
    I thought Shedka's figures were based on the home support only...think you have to come up this season and stay up to have a chance of getting the stay away fans back

[QUOTE=petermackie;39141325]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post

I thought Shedka's figures were based on the home support only...think you have to come up this season and stay up to have a chance of getting the stay away fans back
    Thats possible, however, we have had so much disaster management we now have optimism - people will come back. Good football will get a lot back as we have invested. Mind you if we didnt get up next season not sure investment would continue. Bigger worry is the loss of younger supporters who either support old firm or do you tube videos instead. yes sorry shedkas figures are home support my point is the additional revenue loss from the bigger teams.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Is there a reason for that question?
    Yes - you seem to keep making a big deal about "3 seasons and counting" yet you haven't seen your team ACTUALLY WIN ANYTHING in 46 years. So I started to wonder, are you even old enough to remember 1973 and Dundee's last trophy win.

That's all - not important for you to answer as, of course, it's none of my business.

Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)