+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Official Nelmsy Campus Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    The Doc uses the word commit.

Don't mind the stepping stones bit if they commit while here.....to be fair almost all have
    Agree, if we get a player that we couldn't afford because he wants to put his talents on display and puts in a shift then full marks to him. Docherty must have been shocked at the performance against St Mirren.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Why is a wholesale clear out a possibility? This is just a repetition of what has been happening at our club, apart from the season James McPake kept faith with the guys who won promotion and gave them a shot at top league football.
    Do players on loan see their attachment to a club like ours as a stepping stone to greater things elsewhere, or do they see us as a desirable club to be associated with. Think the manager is the key. Docherty might be as good as McInnes and I think we should be helping him to build on the players he has brought in and encourage him to play our young players.
    Docherty did not give these players two years contracts as they had been awarded before he was appointed the manager. I think that Tim Keyes panicked and told Nelmsy to get these players signed up on two years contract especially Lyall Cameron, Luke McCowan and Josh Mulligan who could all have signed for another club. We would have received a development fee for Cameron and Mulligan and possibly McCowan if he was under 24 years old.

Agree, if we get a player that we couldn't afford because he wants to put his talents on display and puts in a shift then full marks to him. Docherty must have been shocked at the performance against St Mirren.
    I think he wuda been gutted more than shocked.

In hindsight I think he wuda played 4 in midfield and got Boateng or mulligan into the team.

Killie and st m strongest part of their sides is midfield.

I think it was asking a lot for mccowan and Cameron to compete with such a lot at stake.

Coupled with the fact sylla didn't have a good game.

I think Doc will be good at tweaking and gaining marginal improvements in the team.....with signings and coaching.

My disappointment comes from the fact even with that top 6 might not be achievable......wait and see.......but we have missed a glorious chance this season despite overachieving.

I think that McCowan’s form has dropped since he was appointed captain.
    In my opinion Jordan McGhee would have been a better choice as captain of the team for the remaining games of this season.

I think he wuda been gutted more than shocked.

In hindsight I think he wuda played 4 in midfield and got Boateng or mulligan into the team.

Killie and st m strongest part of their sides is midfield.

I think it was asking a lot for mccowan and Cameron to compete with such a lot at stake.

Coupled with the fact sylla didn't have a good game.

I think Doc will be good at tweaking and gaining marginal improvements in the team.....with signings and coaching.

My disappointment comes from the fact even with that top 6 might not be achievable......wait and see.......but we have missed a glorious chance this season despite overachieving.
    Agree. Still beat Killie and Hearts must be an ambition for our players. Least they can do to justify a new deal ?

Agree. Still beat Killie and Hearts must be an ambition for our players. Least they can do to justify a new deal ?
    Most of the Dundee players have a two year deal apart from the players here on loan.

Getting tight now, although demolition of the old NCR building has taken place. Of course that'll be something for the still deluded to cling to.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Getting tight now, although demolition of the old NCR building has taken place. Of course that'll be something for the still deluded to cling to.
    Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited were granted permission to demolish this old NCR building in August 2022 which was before the last pre application meeting in the Landmark Hotel.
    I am surprised that it has taken Nelmsy so long to send in the bulldozers.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)