+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. Schools...normality and Coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Whilst I'm talking about the many examples of the Munchetty show. When swimming pools were allowed to open, she spent considerable time agreeing with 1 pool owner that they should have been given 2 weeks notice to open.

Bizarrely, half an hour later, they went live to another lido, who had just let in their first customers. They didn't even question either of the owners as to why 1 could open and the other couldn't. Why should a business and its customers have to wait until disorganised businesses are given time to get ready?

Then we have 10 days notice of wearing face coverings in shops. Scandalous says Munchetty, why wait? Then then argues with a business owner who rightly said that customers need time to comply with THE LAW and businesses need to purchase signage

She can't or rather, won't get her round to the fact the people and businesses need time to comply with the LAW, but the relaxing of rules or advice can be implemented immediately, for those who have prepared for it.
    Yet again I’m with you Ram, even Mrs F who originally liked her has grown tired of her agenda driven presenting, so you get her at one end of the day and Maitless at the other both sailing as close to the wind as they can. We need to go back to proper journalists chosen for their ability to get to
    The truth not the cut of their clothes the brightness of their smile etc

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Yet again I’m with you Ram, even Mrs F who originally liked her has grown tired of her agenda driven presenting, so you get her at one end of the day and Maitless at the other both sailing as close to the wind as they can. We need to go back to proper journalists chosen for their ability to get to
    The truth not the cut of their clothes the brightness of their smile etc
    I’d have said they were different...Maitlis is a journalist and Munchetty a presenter, but it opens up an interesting question.
    As you disapprove of Maitlis and some on here seem to be critical of the media for ‘exposing’ such stories as the Cummings incident, where do you stand on Maitlis’ interview with Prince Andrew?
    That particular interview was, and continues to be, a huge embarrassment to the Queen, the Royal Family and the establishment. For some that appears to mean the ‘story’ should have been hushed up. To me, only Prince Andrew and his accomplices were to blame, and Emily Maitlis was simply doing her necessary and thoroughly justifiable job.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’d have said they were different...Maitlis is a journalist and Munchetty a presenter, but it opens up an interesting question.
    As you disapprove of Maitlis and some on here seem to be critical of the media for ‘exposing’ such stories as the Cummings incident, where do you stand on Maitlis’ interview with Prince Andrew?
    That particular interview was, and continues to be, a huge embarrassment to the Queen, the Royal Family and the establishment. For some that appears to mean the ‘story’ should have been hushed up. To me, only Prince Andrew and his accomplices were to blame, and Emily Maitlis was simply doing her necessary and thoroughly justifiable job.
    Totally approve of the world’s reaction to the silly sod’s massively misguided attempt at clearing his name. PA has a lot in common with many politicians, he is out of touch with how real people tick so he had no chance of hitting the spot he was hoping to. Good riddance to him. Not sure Maitless quite knew what she was being handed as the interview progressed, she will be remembered (by me anyway) for the fact of her being the interviewer not the quality of it. She was a good pick though given her own traumas at the hands of another bloke who tried to impose himself

Totally approve of the world’s reaction to the silly sod’s massively misguided attempt at clearing his name. PA has a lot in common with many politicians, he is out of touch with how real people tick so he had no chance of hitting the spot he was hoping to. Good riddance to him. Not sure Maitless quite knew what she was being handed as the interview progressed, she will be remembered (by me anyway) for the fact of her being the interviewer not the quality of it. She was a good pick though given her own traumas at the hands of another bloke who tried to impose himself
    Yep...fair point. The interview was a bit of a ‘gimme’...but I do think she’s good.

some on here seem to be critical of the media for such stories as the Cummings incident
    Certainly not me rA, people in the public eye should be subject to scrutiny/exposure. I think what others (I can’t recall me having a particular moan about the Cummings incident) have a beef about is the lack of balance. There isn’t really anything to compare the Cummings charade with, albeit the media got really boring bashing the same bishop for day after day, week after week, but there are so many other examples where what looks like a ‘leftie’ agenda is being pushed. My example of the public peeing is a recent example (I think MA misunderstood), Ram59 and others have offered other examples, and amongst all the scattergunning so has TTR. Your endearing style of batting so much fairly strong evidence into the outfield Boycott style (or maybe Tavare style, shouldn’t be complimenting you too much) doesn’t alter the fact the there is a large body of anecdotal evidence which support a general view that the media, for reasons unknown, have an ‘agenda’. To her credit, Maitless does get stuck into left-leaning reps when she smells a rat.

Certainly not me rA, people in the public eye should be subject to scrutiny/exposure. I think what others (I can’t recall me having a particular moan about the Cummings incident) have a beef about is the lack of balance. There isn’t really anything to compare the Cummings charade with, albeit the media got really boring bashing the same bishop for day after day, week after week, but there are so many other examples where what looks like a ‘leftie’ agenda is being pushed. My example of the public peeing is a recent example (I think MA misunderstood), Ram59 and others have offered other examples, and amongst all the scattergunning so has TTR. Your endearing style of batting so much fairly strong evidence into the outfield Boycott style (or maybe Tavare style, shouldn’t be complimenting you too much) doesn’t alter the fact the there is a large body of anecdotal evidence which support a general view that the media, for reasons unknown, have an ‘agenda’. To her credit, Maitless does get stuck into left-leaning reps when she smells a rat.
    I may have misunderstood, but I was thinking of Ram and Adi who seem to be of the opinion that the media reporting on the excesses and wrongdoings of those in ‘authority’ is somehow unhelpful and socially unsettling.

I’m not sure how anyone ever concludes that this country’s press and media are generally ‘left leaning’. The press behaviour over Corbyn, Brexit and the Tories - at the last election - would certainly suggest otherwise. As I’ve suggested before...the Guardian and the Mirror may be fairly described in that way...the Independent, C4 and the BBC are - to my eyes - generally impartial and reliable, while the remainder (the majority) are somewhere between a little and significantly to the right of centre.

Munchetty is like the prosecution barrister against the government. She's aggressive against any people who dare agree with the government. But, she asks leading questions of those who disagree with the government, as good as putting words into their mouths. How many times does she and her side kick, Charlie, start an interview with "Would you say that the government...?"

I haven't commented anything of the sort, but you hear what you want to hear.

I may have misunderstood, but I was thinking of Ram and Adi who seem to be of the opinion that the media reporting on the excesses and wrongdoings of those in ‘authority’ is somehow unhelpful and socially unsettling.

I’m not sure how anyone ever concludes that this country’s press and media are generally ‘left leaning’. The press behaviour over Corbyn, Brexit and the Tories - at the last election - would certainly suggest otherwise. As I’ve suggested before...the Guardian and the Mirror may be fairly described in that way...the Independent, C4 and the BBC are - to my eyes - generally impartial and reliable, while the remainder (the majority) are somewhere between a little and significantly to the right of centre.
    I don’t read the ‘printed press’ and I actually don’t know anyone who does. My observations are about the broadcast media and we’ll have to agree to differ on that as we usually do.

I don’t read the ‘printed press’ and I actually don’t know anyone who does. My observations are about the broadcast media and we’ll have to agree to differ on that as we usually do.
    The BBC are left leaning and have been caught out with several biased stances. Brexit is the classic. You only had to watch question time to ascertain that.
    They have been very anti Tory before and during the last election, which has Johnson at the moment gunning for them over the license.

What comes out now?
    Labour and it's side of the media were being fed leaked documents by "Russia"
    Oh how we lapped it up, said the press.
    Lets flood the news to push our cause, to get power.

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)