+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 83 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

I heard from a very reliable source that he was heavily on the piss.
    That's a few years ago now though.

I don't think I would like another Gothenburg hero as a manager.
    If it all goes wrong they lose a certain part of their hero status and then we have to account for a previous, now extinct employer of Eck. As soon as we hit a bad run, we know what's going to happen.
    Appointing either Strachan or McLeish would be a sentimental appointment rather than a logical one.
    I do reckon Eck was here to do with the upcoming Gothenburg celebrations rather than anything football related.

When he was a Don, apart from being a great player, he did a lot of good work in the community.

A weegie of course, so I suppose we all knew deep down that his original affiliation would be elsewhere.
    But in those days when you were a Don, were paid by AFC, then you buried that affiliation well under the surface.

Just as it should be now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    I’d certainly give him a shot but I doubt very much that he’d give us any serious consideration. Why? The reasons elude me ….
    Just wanted to gauge what the the thoughts of posters on this board were if we were looking at Mcleish as an appointment, same as if we looking to appoint Bell end Lennon, Adi Hutter or Barry Robson

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Don’t think I would personally want Alex McLeish as our next manager as he is too old which is the same as Strachan.

Kind of feel Alex McLeish gets disrespected by a lot of fans with people questioning his mental health and hinting at him having a drink problem.

I think there are a few Gothenburg greats who have more problems than Alex McLeish has but people seem to ignore them.

Personally I don’t know what sort of state McLeish is in but I would imagine it’s a lot better than the state Neil Lennons in.
    Good post Rico, and only think with McLeish whatever the issue was, it was public with the profile of being Scotland manager.
    Personally not aware of how the other greats are doing as have no knowledge of even what they are doing now

I think the only reason you’d bring in Strachan or McLeish would be to provide support to Barry Robson as he finds his feet. So more of a DoF role.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    And he's a NO voting cvnt.. That alone should rule him out.. tho did spot him lookin at hooses in Rubslaw Den
    Great start … that whittles down more than 50% of the Country for being complete counts by exercising their democratic rights.

Quote Originally Posted by KincorthDon View Post
    Just wanted to gauge what the the thoughts of posters on this board were if we were looking at Mcleish as an appointment, same as if we looking to appoint Bell end Lennon, Adi Hutter or Barry Robson
    Out of that lot Adi Hutter would be my choice. I like McLeish and don’t want to ever be calling for him to be sacked as Aberdeen manager. Please just let him keep his Gothenburg hero status.

Burrows has whittled down a shortlist and it looks like someone he has been in contact with will be presented as the new Dons boss very soon. I wonder who that could be.

I will give a big clue….NL

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Burrows has whittled down a shortlist and it looks like someone he has been in contact with will be presented as the new Dons boss very soon. I wonder who that could be.

I will give a big clue….NL
    A manager fae the Netherlands? Ooh .. Ah'm intrigued

Page 35 of 83 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast